Drakes Producer 40-40

NothingRealer

I love the sound of his ambient synth's he uses, or whatever it is.
for instance in songs, The Calm, Houstalantavegas, Night Off, Lust For Life.

Anybody know how he gets that sound?
thanks!

sounds like reverb, pads, and major and minor 7th's to me,

he pitches most of the snares and claps down too

I'm sort of new to making music, and I really would like to know what sounds/effects The Calm was made with. I have no idea what's going on in that song, if maybe you or someone else could break it down..

Last edited:
Yeah He uses alot of Ambient Pads inorder to produce that sound. I actually have a couple of tracks I did that are in the same vein.

i like his sound but the musicality is what i really like the beats are never really over the edge they are plain and simple but they mesh well with the harmonies of drakes vocals.

i am a empty cup from bx Ny

hey i am new to this i am a Rapper i make beats in fl studios i am buying a mac i love music with a passion and i am hoping i can get help from this site on sound engineering , tips on recording what programs to use and just the whole music aspect all i have is creativity , hunger , and a lot 2 say.

^^^
That new thread button at the top is for when you want your own thingy.
That post reply button at the bottom is for threads already opened.
Thought that might help.
CHEERS

hey i am new to this i am a Rapper i make beats in fl studios i am buying a mac i love music with a passion and i am hoping i can get help from this site on sound engineering , tips on recording what programs to use and just the whole music aspect all i have is creativity , hunger , and a lot 2 say.
:rofl:

Welcome to FP man.

what software does he use? I am wanting to start making my own beats and need a starting point.

Thanks

SeaCros

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Me too but i dont rap (LOL). I got my MacBook and i am ready to get busy and make my home office a studio. Music is my life and want to do the DANG THANG...

Let me know

SeaCros

you dont need exactly his software or hardware, hop on whatever soft synth you have, open some preset pads, tweak and effect, and try and recreate the sound yourself

Back