Does the Tempo really matter ..?

Stevethaboss

I hope the title isnt misleading.. I know tempo is obviouslly important, but I just chopped up a sample in fl studio and it flows great together.. The tempo is at 90 and when I turn on the metronome is sounds so off.. I cant really put drums to it and if I switch up the tempo the samples get all screwed up.. When you guys do like the kick/clap/etc do you use the piano roll or just like the regular lightup box thing... I need help lol.. Thanks !:monkey:

Generally tempo is important, and for your sample problem you have to resample and restretch it to the right tempo by pressing the tiny side menu of the sample and clicking fit to tempo. That's how it would sync to that tempo.

Last edited:
Can I still do that If i already put the sample into the FPC and made a pattern and put it into the playlist..? If so, how do i do it .?

If you chopped just make a drumpattern and play the sample again over the beat. try til you get it right. OR just try to play the drums with your hands to make a more natural feel with the sample.

Back