Does Anybody Know What Chord Progression Zaytoven Uses ? BandCoach ??

He's just shuffling between two main chords , the key is in Gminor . He starts at the VI then goes to the i to smooth it out . all those notes in between are just chord tones to fill it in. You gotta think he's a gospel keyboard player so all the soul from it comes natural to him.

Agreed that we have G minor, however it is not Bb-Gm or even Gm-Eb but Cm-Gm that we hear

Strangely, when he is playing the bass line, he is using Ab and C as the two tones, but these do not fit against the chord progression (so I am left wondering if he has somehow used MIDI transposition to put it into his favourite key to play in (some keys work better than others for particular effects and technical tricks including smears (accacciaturas, appogiaturas, etc)

Agreed that we have G minor, however it is not Bb-Gm or even Gm-Eb but Cm-Gm that we hear

Strangely, when he is playing the bass line, he is using Ab and C as the two tones, but these do not fit against the chord progression (so I am left wondering if he has somehow used MIDI transposition to put it into his favourite key to play in (some keys work better than others for particular effects and technical tricks including smears (accacciaturas, appogiaturas, etc)

Eye think one of those hits is badly tuned, like he needs to tune it a few cents up because it's a low note. The other hit doesn't sound so bad.

What I was referring to, though, is the visual shows the use of Ab-C on the keyboard - we can see his left hand playing those two notes on the keyboard

Back