Do you care about some aspects of your skill more than others?

odinnshred

Wireless Wizard!
For example, do you care more about your musical creativity than your music fitting certain stylistic requirements? And do you care more about the composition than the production?

I'm guessing that everyone will have a different reason for making music, and although we can try to polish every aspect our concerns will always favour the growth some aspects, even if these favours change over time. Also, just because some kind of music can be perceived as 'lacking' in some way doesn't mean its not enjoyable or worthwhile.

Not that I'm condoning chinks in musical armour, I'm just wondering what everyone finds most important when they approach making music.

Looking forward to replies :D

Right now, I'm focusing more on strengthening my musical foundation so I can move along in my study of jazz. I originally intended to learn the guitar to add jazz elements to my music. Along the way, I discovered a passion for the performance aspects of the genre (wanting to play with other musicians) and a desire to attain a strong sense of musicianship.

Back