Do verses share the same melody?

Drange

Artist
Quick question, the title says it all. If a song arrangement were ABABCB would the A's (verses) share the same melody?
I mean the chorus' (B) share the same melody...
>_>
Thank you in advance.

In a nutshell, yes.

In detail, you would use the same melodic and harmonic ideas in each like lettered sections, although using variations is usually the order of the day to create and maintain interest - a 2nd verse might need additional notes or fewer notes, because the words do not have the same rhythmic scheme as the 1st verse (too many or not enough syllables in a line)

Exactly. Alright sweet. I think that's a pretty nifty comment that a lot of newbies miss.

Last edited:
i don't think newbies miss it
I really think you'd be surprised now. I've met several people that don't even have this kind of knowledge. Music is such a huge topic and there's not a starting point or clear steps to take. It's more like getting thrown into a pool and learning how to swim. You may know what sounds good (move your arms), some people know chords and keys (move your legs), rhythm (fan out your hands), etc, etc. Until you learn it all, it's hard to swim (make a song) even if you know bits and pieces.

Once you know all the elements of how to swim (make a song) then you can start getting your own style and doing things you want to with your newly acquired artistic freedom. Like the backstroke, or just swim laps. Haha!

Like my creative writing? ^^ Haha. Can't wait to bring songs to the masses.

music is language... it doesnt matter how much you know, or how long you study, there is always something new to learn and you need to use what you know to stay sharp...

You should consider lyrics too: think that verse are your story and chorus kind of moral of your story. But with instrumental music you might also consider that you'r chorus is the place to be for song's hook, but that is just general pop music pattern, in reality there is no rules.

Quick question, the title says it all. If a song arrangement were ABABCB would the A's (verses) share the same melody?
I mean the chorus' (B) share the same melody...
>_>
Thank you in advance.

If the chorus is (B) then what is (C)?

Back