Dj Khalil drums

oh i can dig it. i went back and read some of the post between pages 2 - 3 and i see what your talking about. i will admit i am guilty of this to at times. although its easy to look at a few of these superstar producers and see "oh they just took an arp and added drums" or whatever, some of these guys do things that seem unworldly and it is a shock to see that they are often very common sense ideas.
thats why we get so excited to see polo da don just used parts of garage band to make a hit, cause its like "i could have made that" (wouldn't have sold like that though lol) but i think you get the idea.
most of us are just sitting here wondering how to close the gap between "us and them".

There's no "gap" except selling your soul(why did I say that), lol, really j/k. :cheers:

Really, there's no "gap" except the luck it takes for your music to be put in the right hands.

I haven't been on here in a while but wow.... Space Drums? Yall talking about something like this?

w w w .zshare. net/audio/71535807ddd09808/

I know it's not exactly DJ Khalil "Space Drums" but I wasn't trying to get it perfect.

he bounced..... but he will be back.....im holding his next message ransom---- 4 tha khalid tek

heavy bump but he uses guitar rig to process nearly everything after reason then touches it up in pro tools

i love his sound

**fast-forward to 2012 ->>**

aha!!! I figured it out. . .he rewires reason into protools and uses gutiar rig on his drums!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!

-_-

good thread, im with phuk-uped' opinion, but not completely. i think its not just only luck, if you are a major producer, your shit must be hot.. i know there are a lot of other dudes who can make the same sound but the real famous ones are really good, i mean look at the tracks timbaland, and dre put out...or watch ryan leslie gettin crazy on his synths and drums.
and its not just drums and some instruments .. its really some serious stuff going on.. many tracks layered, many of good really good mixing.. (you have to know some audio theory) ..but yes, sometimes you gotta be on the right place and now the right people,.. most of the new generation producers like lex, johnny juliano and jahlil beats for e.g. they dont have this equipment and huge experience and they are kinda big right now.. so yes.. it could be you or me in this situation..

anyhow, i also like khalil drums.. listen to the new beat on the fiffty mixtape, also very typical khalil drums.. i would say hes just using a bit of EQ and Reverb and a good sample .. but i dont know ;)

Last edited:
I'm not big on Reason, but just being a producer, I would say it's more to do with the mix and effects than the actual drums.

good thread, im with phuk-uped' opinion, but not completely. i think its not just only luck, if you are a major producer, your shit must be hot.. i know there are a lot of other dudes who can make the same sound but the real famous ones are really good, i mean look at the tracks timbaland, and dre put out...or watch ryan leslie gettin crazy on his synths and drums.
and its not just drums and some instruments .. its really some serious stuff going on.. many tracks layered, many of good really good mixing.. (you have to know some audio theory) ..but yes, sometimes you gotta be on the right place and now the right people,.. most of the new generation producers like lex, johnny juliano and jahlil beats for e.g. they dont have this equipment and huge experience and they are kinda big right now.. so yes.. it could be you or me in this situation..

anyhow, i also like khalil drums.. listen to the new beat on the fiffty mixtape, also very typical khalil drums.. i would say hes just using a bit of EQ and Reverb and a good sample .. but i dont know ;)

these guys have a team of people man... and usually mixing engineers.. but khalil is a beast tho!

Back