disco robotic voice ?

A

aqkua

how can i make a robotic voice on the computer like the ones from the zulu nation with that 70's style?

You mean the voices processed through a VOCODER device. Back in the 70s, Vocoders were expensive machines. Nowaday, you can use a software called ORANGE VOCODER, distributed by Steinberg I think... It works as a simple VST software device which you can open and save within your CUBASE VST project.

I think it works quite well for a software device, and will transform audio tracks just as you described. Good luck have fun! ;)

cheers mano

thanks for the tip mano i'll check it out
lllaaaatttttters

Voice distorion.

would any1 know of any software that u could run as a real time voice distorter? i dont mean just to add distortion i mean to add effects to ur voice through a mic?

Actually, no matter what you can say. Buzz is cool here.
You can input your own voice / instruments via any Audio-In you have.
Then you make an "input source", which in buzz would be a square box. Then you just connect this box to as many effects you like, including vocoders, delay and distortions.
It's really cool and it works totally realtime.

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 10-22-2000 at 10:14 AM]

Flexa,
you could use any guitar pedal effect to add real time effects to your voice. what ever you want- distortion, fuzz, phaser, whatever... you can combine more than one too.
-Mike

Devic said:
try the Vocoder by AnalogX .. http://www.analogx.com.. hope this helps you ..
Heh, I've had that "toy" for a while.:) it's great fun. I actually used it for a song I made a couple months back. I wanted to recreate a voice similar to the ultimate techno classic "DAS BOOT" by U-96, and it worked like gold!:D

if you wana be really cheap, there's a toy that changes your voice into 6 different robotic sounds...hehehe...just hold your mic up and talk..hahahaha:)..its about 10 bucks

You can get the kaos pad in most music shops, but try it out first, it might not be what you're after (try using effect number 18 on the mic, it's sooooooo cool)!

Back