Cubase - How to speed up vocals - tape effect

Corlioni

I wonder can anyone please tell me how to speed up vocals in cubase? For that subtle gender change effect ( slighlty chipmunk but “not” cartoonish like vst alter boy pitch change - examples below ).

So far when I record vocals at say 110 bpm in a the project. Then speed the project up to 120 bpm the vocal wav in the project stays at 110 whilst the music plays at 120, sounds a mess ..I need the vocal to speed up with the new bpm in the same way tape recording speeds up a vocal, so it alters the vocal sound slightly.

I am trying to achieve similar effects to Let you down by NF and In my mind by Dynoro , I know vocals can be changed via pitch shift vst but the outcome is not the same as speeding vocals up..

So vocal change with “subtle” sped up chipmunk effect, not VST pitch change ...

Thanks...

YouTube

YouTube

You can change the key of the whole song like you have to record the vocal and transpose the recorded vocal audio file..Im not sure what youve asked bt the effect can be achieved through changing the song key

Hi... I did try recording the vocal after transposing the backing track down 4 semitones, then transposed the backing track up 4 semitones, used a pitch change on the vocal... it sounded like the original without much change.... maybe I need to play around further with that? maybe transpose down 12 semitones for a more extreme sample... thanks for the information... :)

Hi There, to be honest at the moment I am playing around with the technique so just using my own awful voice lol. Prior to using a real vocalist... these are not really fit to send lol, I might though take you up on your offer in the future as I am actually wanting to use this process with a proper vocalist...

Back