Creating vocal chorus background CHOIR - so popular in POP / EDM

TomThak

Hello,
can anyone help me how to reach the effect of background choir effect to chorus of the vocal?
It is very popular in EDM and other genres, that in chorus, there is choir effect under the main chorus or on some tonal words in the chorus.
It sounds like the whole crowd is singing in the background, I am pretty sure, it is made by some effect.
I tried Ultrapitch by waves, Antares Harmony Evo or Antares Choir Evo, but I cannot reach such a good effect like it is in nowdays tracks.
I am pretty sure it is something really common, because I can hear it in almost every second Spinnin track.

Here is the dry vocal of our czech singer LENNY of her hit HELL.O.
She has got the effect on every HELL.O in the chorus for example in time 00:52 of the video.

youtube .com/watch?v=St5dko8Q2g0

Thank you!

Izotope Nectar does this. Not sure if it's any good.. I mean nectar is, but I don't use this effect. It lets you double up the voice at different intervals, even control the pitch with MIDI. It looks smart and simple to use,
but that's all I know. To make it real nice it probably takes a combination of effects, mixing tricks.. or maybe it's done by hand. You could just duplicate tracks, pitch them up and down and mix them under your main vocal with delays and other effect. It might work too. As a last option you could always record, you know.. a background choir ;)

Back