Could someone please identify these instruments/sounds??

producedbyjsg

Hows it going? Ive been trying to identify a few sounds in Dre Dre's "Keep They Heads Ringing". The 2 sounds im wondering about are the Rhodes/wurlitzer? chords. And also the bubble sound...If this is a synth could someone give me a idea of how to do this, or point me in the direction of a tutorial of some kind. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Dr. Dre - Ring Ding Dong (Keep Their Heads Ringin') HD (lyrics).mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 25
If I understood you correctly here's what I think

The Rhodes/Wurly thats almost it.
It's simply a rhodes or a wurly panned to the left (you can use DeePanPot for a similar binaural effect) and maybe a tiny bit of chorus and tremolo effect on the tail.

As for the Chords, well they're not actually chords, they're just notes. On the 1st part, the notes used we're just F & E. He most probably use a tremolo or chorus effect to achieve a slighty detuned sound that makes you perceive chords.

The bubble sound, knowing Dr. Dre, he most likely just recorded someone doing the popping sound with their mouth then he sampled it into his MPC and played it like a drum hit.

You know? The sound you get when you put your lips inside your mouth and push it out.
Almost exactly like what Donkey does in Shrek 2. Skip the video to 1:05: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vUBsTJYK28

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Back