Clicking sound problem

7thAct

So I've been trying to make a new sound in Massive, I made this deep bass kind of thing I really like, the problem is that after i added a reverb and messed around it started to have thus clicking/punch sound when the note hits, so how do i remove it? It's actually my first time trying to create my own sound, usualy i just use the ready presets.... sorry if i can't express myself good, I'm new to this :D

First thing I would try is to play with the Attack on the amp envelop. Not too familiar with Massive though. Good luck

Either your attack time or release time is set too short.

Sometimes it's useful to get the click sound for making clicky percussive sounds, but if not, increase the attack time or the release time on the amp envelope until it goes away.

along with above suggestions try reducing the reverb amount/mix level and use a longer reverb decay time, or try a pre-delay on the reverb time so its slightly offset

All good suggestions above.

or you could employ a compressor to make the attack come in smoother. I wont confuse you beyond that, but multiple ways with compression.

or you could also resample it, then place the audio into a sampler, proceed to add slices and edit those slices as suggested above (amp envelope, slice start time).

Back