chord question

Rafi Zimah

hey guys , do you know what preset we use to make chord? is it lead, arp ,or just using piano like in nexus? , beacause i have try using sylenth and its not going well , or you guys have a suggestion? thanks for your help :cool:

Chords can be played on all kinds of different instruments depending on what you want them to sound like. The important thing is they contain several notes at the same time.

Sometimes (particularly in old 90's dance music) people would make several notes at the same time by tuning oscillators to different notes, but this isn't good because you can only make 1 type of chord with each patch which is very limiting

Any preset that doesn't have oscillators at anything other than octaves apart then just play the notes of the chord you want on the keyboard? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question

You can use any present that allows you to play more than one note at the same time - some presets only allow one note/voice at a time. I think they're called monosynths or something. Pads, pianos, guitars, strings, bells, horns, etc

You can make chords with everything.
Mostly I'll start with using a piano sound. But when the chord progression is created I'll change it to anything from synth stacks, violins, or what ever.

Back