Breaking dance tracks into elements

T

Topolm

Hi, I am starting this new thread as a means by which any interested parties can take a popular techno/dance/trance track and collectively break it down to its musical elements. By this I mean, study the melodic structure, possible effect used, percussion setup, bassline/synthline analysis. I am very new to Electronic music production, and I think it would be great to analyze tracks.

Some tracks to analyze perhaps, but anyhting goes obviously:

Blank & Jones - Cream
Rank1 - Airwave
System F - Out of The Blue

Well, I hope this might be an intersting thread. Looking forward to seeing some posts!!

This is just what i've been waiting for. I think it'd be great for eevryone here to get in on some of this action, and actually study the structure and theory of dance and electronic tracks. Wheneve you want my friend, lets cut up the music

When you say this do you mean to recreate it in midi or whatever, or just to study it?

C'mon guys! =)

Everyone, a bunch of you have read this post. I think the idea behind it is good, but I am just a newbie and as such have very little to contribute. Three people so far have expressed an interest but no major posts yet. There are a lot of experts here, so help us out.

thanks

try this...

A good way to break down music would be to get a fruityloops save file in the genre you are interested. that way, you'd be able to clearly and accurately analyze the music and its context. If there are any people that use floops to write their stuff, please uplead and maybe give a breakdown. Actually, im sure this would serve as a pretty good tutorial idea. Mano, what do you think?

~Lodger
~

Back