Thread: Beat structures, sections or parts.

Thanks

Beat structures, sections or parts.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello, I have a problem recognizing the beats structure. I don't know where the chorus verse or silence should be. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by dawe897; 07-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Dawe897,

it depends on the genre. Especially with todays hip hop (beat making). The music can sometimes have a very loose structure and it's up to the artist to spit that fire how they see fit. That being said, a very common song structure for most pop music is:

Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus

• You can add a pre-chorus before the chorus which is sometimes called a lift.
    • Most sections are going to be 4, 8 or 16 bars long.
    • Sometimes an extra chorus is added at the end to keep the party going

EDM structure can also be a little deceiving at times.

Intro, Break Down (could include verse, pre-chorus, chorus), Build Up, The Drop. Rinse and repeat without the intro.

• Usually the drop has just a catch phrase. This is where everyone hopped on molly just wants to dance.

Hoped this helped. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Keep makin' them Bangers!
    Last edited by KyleMorris; 07-15-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thank you for your advice. But I still swim in this and have a headache. I think beatmaker does different sections or parts, but unfortunately i don't know how to recognize them, is there any way to recognize them? Or is it really up to me to choose where to put all? I think the structure would help. BTW talk about Trap / Rap / Hip Hop if it helps

Thanks
    So really what you're looking for is how to identify the hook or chorus. This is waaaay easier in rap and hiphop beats as generally the most full portion of the song is for the chorus.

The idea behind this is that the chorus is supposed to be what catches you an generally producers will make these parts with most of their instrumentation.
    When thinking about song composition, you want to follow what the other poster said with bar counts and structure, but when it gets to the chorus, it's on you to make it sounds like the chorus

Message me for a detailed breakdown of song structure and composition

Thread Information