Beat matching

G

Geforce2000

I have got a few acapellas and few instrumentals. Is it possible to sync this songs so the sound on beat with a peice of software. I can get the same BPM but not the same beat sync.
Thanks,

Find the original song.. then you have the original speed of the acapella.. then speed it up to match the instrumental your mixing over, then all the timing should be correct (atleast more correct.. you'd be lucky if it just sat on top without having to do much correction and playing).. also keep in mind keys the vocal should be in the same key as the music else it will sound messy

sync the music

If you wanna sync your music, use acid from Sonic Foundry. It syncs the sounds perfect.
:D

i suppose you don't want micky mouse vocals so get some software wich lets you timestretch and pitch-shift. (it will let you speed up or slow down audio without changing the pitch. Or it will let you change the pitch without changing to lenght so you have total controle.) (soundforge should be able and a lot of other sample editors) or you can look for something like Timebandit (by steinberg) or Timefactory ( by Prosoniq (up to 30% stretch or compression without audible artefacts.. but you pay the $$$ of course.).) these are standalone applications but offer a very good quallity and in time-strectching. the quallity of the algorythms is of vital importance.

You'll need a bit of a multi-tracker to match and position the vocals on the beats well, but soundforge should be Ok for something like that unless you're going to re-arrange the track. (wich of course isn't a problem, you just need some more powerfull software.)

Back