Bassline LFO mod cutoff, but...

I would say it's 3 saw oscillators, at 3 different octaves.
Also I would try a unison of 3 or 4 voices with mild detune, than detuning the oscillators themselves.
Try automating the filtercutoff instead of using an LFO, since it sounds like it isn't looping, but rather triggered randomly (could even be a filter ADSR linked to the velocity and not an automation).
Also add some slight resonance.
Also it sounds like the different oscillator levels are linked to the velocity as well to give a slightly different timbre depending on how hard you struck the key.

Just some guesses, but hope it helps :)

Hi Steffeeh,
thank you for replying. You bring lots of cool ideas to the table, will certainly check these out. By the way - that distinct timbre in the bass sound, may this be a self-oscillating oscillator ? Try z3ta+ 2 with two saws one octave apart, tuned 10-15 cents in opposite directions (for wider sound), VCA/filter ADSR 3-7-6-2, one of the saws with self-oscillation at 100%, positive (upward) saw LFO synced at 1 (= quarter/crotchet) with phase 180 degrees modulating the cutoff (12dB LPF) at 50-60 % ? Possibly 3 saws with similar setup as above ? What do you think ?

I meant SelfSync, my bad. One of the many VCO (waveform) shaping options in z3ta. Similar to hard sync, kind of stretches the VCO. A really cool effect reminiscent of the Moor bass.

Back