Background ambient sounds

nervecell

Sup guys where should I look to find background ambient sounds that can be played throughout the song to fill up everything?

I only sample so what kind of artists / genres / sounds or w.e should I be looking for?

You could sample the sea? That's pure noise and nice ambient. Maybe a wood at night, the odd cricket might even add flavour. Caves also have noise, especially if it's wet, nice ambient... it'll make people want to pee! ha

selected ambient works vol 2 is pure ambience as well, although not sure i should suggest sampling that... but oh well.

Ace of Base should work... right?
Try the eurotrash dance music from the 90s, just looks what was on the charts in europe in the early 90s and I am sure there will be an ambient synthesizer sound in the song.

If you get away form sampling try Atmosphere by Spectrasonic

Maybe the 'ambient' genre. Brian Eno or something...would be much more interesting to create your own though, like yada was saying.

You can make great pads from just about any sound with a basic sampler. Slow attack, long release, loop, layer, rinse, repeat.

They're the "background ambient sounds that can be played throughout the songs to fill up everything" :) In other words, these are usually called "pad sounds" - they're the padding to fill up the empty space.

Back