Anyone good at re-creating a lead sound?

Sk1nZ

Ableton Addict
Ive been trying to re-create this sound in massive, im getting close but i cant quite get it. Im pretty sure its a few saw waves de-tuned from each other but could be wrong...

Can someone with more experience tell me how its made so i can get a better idea how to make it in case im doing it wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• SawLead1.mp3
    47 KB · Views: 26
That's definitely saw wave. Maybe 3 osc. Each octaves apart from one another so one -12 one 0 and one +12. I find that sylnth work better for these types of destined saw tooth and I usually chain an lfo mod to pitch and barely have it on just to get a vintage more unstable sound. But if you're using massive you can just raise the vibrato up less than 1/4 way up to do same thing.

If youre not getting that sound on your vst then it's probably not going to get any closer or there may be distortion or something on it on the sample. This is one off the most conmon synths out there so that means there's like 77568 different ways to make it

thanks for the help, il give it another try as ive been working on something else for the past few weeks but would like to get a nice powerful saw lead.

Is there any essential processing for these kind of leads or it should sound good straight out the synth?

Back