any fellow chicagoans?

L

lord beefy

i'm new to the forums here and dunno who's who. just thought i'd post around and see if anyone round here is from chi-town.

-b

I'll quote a vocalist I worked with a few months back:

"Where I'm from is cold
chilly down to the bone
all my life its been my home
its Chicago

home of the church
liquor store liquor store church on every block
god is good but gin is hot
love is abundant but hate wont stop

if you feel me rep your hood
north side, south side
its all good
west side, wil' wil' give me a pound
tell 'em where you rest your crown!"

cat is a neo soul singer, never stepped foot in a studio til he stepped into mine. he LIT UP the microphone. i've worked with plenty of vocalists (even exlusive remixes for P!NK and J Lo) and never heard anything like this guy. He sounds like Al Green before he got all wacked out on Jesus.

hopefully you all will hear of him one day. His name is Yaw (pronounce yow or yao).

and my name is mike :) nice to meet you both.

Prometheus said:
I'll quote a vocalist I worked with a few months back:

"Where I'm from is cold
chilly down to the bone
all my life its been my home
its Chicago

home of the church
liquor store liquor store church on every block
god is good but gin is hot
love is abundant but hate wont stop

if you feel me rep your hood
north side, south side
its all good
west side, wil' wil' give me a pound
tell 'em where you rest your crown!"

cat is a neo soul singer, never stepped foot in a studio til he stepped into mine. he LIT UP the microphone. i've worked with plenty of vocalists (even exlusive remixes for P!NK and J Lo) and never heard anything like this guy. He sounds like Al Green before he got all wacked out on Jesus.

hopefully you all will hear of him one day. His name is Yaw (pronounce yow or yao).

and my name is mike :) nice to meet you both.

Sounds like the cat's got some skills. He doing any shows in the near future? I'm always up for checking out new acts...

Good to meet you as well...Jason

PS- if there isn't already a band called "wacked out on Jesus" they're needs to be...

Yeh I live between Milwaukee and Chicago, sum little suburb which I don't even want to mention :D

what kind of music do you producer beefy ravioli

i mostly make shadow kinda tracks. once in a while i get a call for a club or harder track. i've been recording ****ty punk bands since i was like 15 and finally got sick of all that crap. i'm pretty new to producing hip hop music but i know my way around a traditional studio and logic/pro tools setups on the mac.

i definitely would be interested in some collaborations with people from chi-town. share ideas and knowledge, you know.

B

Six o six two one is where I'm from
South Side of Chi, where niggas ride or die
Fifty fifth and Carpenter with fifty niggas watchin' ya
Garfield Blvd where niggas will pull ya card
And if you step on the double nick
You better come correct or ya ass will be in trouble quick
South Side, Englewood Fifty fifth to six tre
Everyday roll around in a chervolet smokin' on mary j

Never said I was a rapper :D I'm in Japan right now but Chi is home. Peace.

Im usually traveling but Im from the Chi. Home of Psychodrama, Crucial Conflict, Do or Die, Twista, Bishop Juan, etc. Big upz to all my fellow Chicagoans.

HEY NOW I SEE WE HAVE THE CHI PEEPZ HERE SO DAHCEO JUS THOUGHT I,D SAY HELLO IM DOWN IN ATLANTA NOW BUT IN THE WORKS TO COME ON HOME BACK TO CHI I,VE BEEN PRODUCING OR SAY COMPOSING NOW FOR 3 YRS AND JUS WORKING MOSTLY WITH LOCAL ARTIST AND WANNA BE,S BUT MOSTLY TRYING TO PERFECT MY CRAFT I DO MY OWN FREAKY KINDA CLUB HIP HOP STYLE U WOULD FIND U NEVER HEARD IT DONE THAT WAY BUT FIND THAT U CAN RAP TO IT AND DANCE TO IT BUT ALL MY CHI PEEPS I WOULD LOVE TO COLLBO WITH U ALL SOMETIME WEHN I GET BACK WHICH IS THIS COMING APRIL SO GET AT ME .....P.S BIG UPS TO KANYE WEST AND TWISTA FOR REPPIN THE CHI IN HIP HOP ITS LONG OVER DUE ...IF ANY YA,LL KNOW THAT BROTHER TELL DAHCEO FROM THE WILD WILD 100,S SAID GET AT HIM

^Huh? How about using punctuation. I didn't know where your sentences started or ended and that made it a little difficult to understand. Anyway, welcome to the F.P. family. Also, just to let you know, people here take all capitalized posts offensive. They tend to think that you're screaming at them.

Chi Town Representin' to the Fullest!!!

any chi-town friends got some of their music on the web? i'd be interested in hearing some a what you're up to...

Downtempo, trip-hop ish mostly. Some hip-hop too as that's what I grew up on. It's really just a hobby for me; I'm not trying to "make it" or anything. Just love the process of making this stuff we call music...

Jason

labrat dude what eva im not trying to be font freiendly and all that i jus wanted to say wasup to hometown peeps and im sure my messge came across loud and clear jeez you intewrnet people with your rules and standards well i tell u what i been breakin rules since the earl 80<s AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO WHAT THE FUK I WANT C0OOL COOL HOLLA AT YA

Checkin' in, what up, from Chi of course. Click the picture below for the webpage.

yeh alot of great producers,bands, artists came from chicago.

big up the midwest!

yo analytical that where it all began pic dawg that looks like my little brother jerod on that pic on the right jus from the guy in the front and i dont know which one are u but that guy in the front i know him to obut cant remember his name tel me is that jerod hodge on that pic and if those other guys came from shoop school cause those were his boys i think a lot of them look familiar to me but i was older and already makin moves across the tracks (vincennes) if u know what i mean i know i know that guy in the front but i would like to know how did u ge that pic of him ......and i see u started a production company as well maybe we can hook up sometime and put some ideas together i go by dahceo on here get at me and let me know my e-mail is dhodge33@yahoo.com

FIRST BEFORE U COMMENT YES IM YELLING TO MAKE MY SELF VERY CLEAR AND SEEN MY NAME IS DAHCEO FROM CHICAGO AND I,M PUTTING TOGTHER A VENUE WHERE UP N COMING PRODUCERS CAN SHOWCASE AND /OR BATTLE OTHER PRODUCERS(IN FELLOWSHIP)TO GET HEARD THROUGH SHOWCASE SKILL AND TO HELP EDUCATE OTHERS ON THE LEGAL ASPECT AND TECH ISSUES SURRONDING MAKING IT IN THE INDUSTRY AS A PRODUCER THERE WILL ALSO BE SEMINARS AND CONTEST TO MAKE THE BATTLES MORE COMPETATIVE AND WHERE IDEAS CAN BE EXCHANGED ON MAKING CHICAGO THE HOTTEST CITY OF PRODUCTION AND BEATS THROUGH FELLOWSHIP AND COMRADARE IN THE MAKING IS ALSO A SEMINAR BROUGHT TO U BY DYNNAMICPRODUCER ON THE LEGAL ISSUES AND JARGON ON HOW TO MAKE IT AS A PROCUCER IN THE INDUSTRY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT WWW.DYNAMICPRODUCER.COM TO GET MORE INFO AS IT IS ANNOUNCED TO GET MORE DETAILED ON WHAT DP IS ALL ABOUT THEN U WILL HAVE A CLEAR YNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS BEING BROUGHT TO THE CHICAGOLAND AREA..........IF INTERESTED PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST WITH CONTACT INFO AND ANY IDEAS U MAY HAVE ALSO PLEASE COPY THIS TO OTHER THREADS SO THAT IT GETS TO ALL ON FREQUENT THIS SITE FROM THE MIDWEST AREA

Back