About Sound Loop Kits?

JayFreshh

I have a few sound kits and I'm new to the production game I was wondering why is it when you get the loops most of them play in a consistent on-going pattern it's like you have to chop every sound in order to get the sound you want to compose a specific melody or loop I was just wondering how do Producers usually get around this? Or how many experience this? Thanks in advance! P.S. I can chop most of them but some are hard to get since the melodies correspond to each other very closely when playing the audio loop.

---------- Post added 03-25-2013 at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2013 at 01:53 PM ----------

Wow over 130 views and 0 responses? So no one on this Forum is familiar with Chopping/Sampling? What kind of Forum is this? Smh....

working with loops

I have a few sound kits and I'm new to the production game I was wondering why is it when you get the loops most of them play in a consistent on-going pattern it's like you have to chop every sound in order to get the sound you want to compose a specific melody or loop I was just wondering how do Producers usually get around this? Or how many experience this? Thanks in advance! P.S. I can chop most of them but some are hard to get since the melodies correspond to each other very closely when playing the audio loop.

---------- Post added 03-25-2013 at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2013 at 01:53 PM ----------

Wow over 130 views and 0 responses? So no one on this Forum is familiar with Chopping/Sampling? What kind of Forum is this? Smh....

Generally when I'm using a loop I will use the melody as looped and only chop when I need to create short transitional moment where I'm going to go into a different part of the song...like when going from verse to chorus.
If however you are using multiple loops that were created to work together then you will potentially have to chop them all so that, your trigger timing can be transposed onto all parts...I think you will find that many people use loops sparingly as only a foundation element to layer other synths and instrements over via midi.

Back