0 x Is there any good/quick way of finding what sounds fit together?

There might be something out there to help, but I haven't heard of anything decent. Really you need to try to picture what sound you're looking for and then be more selective in your searches (whether it's samples or preset's on a vst or whatever else.)

Your knowledge of music; what you've heard vs what you're aiming for. And of course your knowledge of the sounds you have.

And as you use sounds, label them to help identify more efficiently later.

Create your own sounds... I have certain synths, effects and techniques I like to use and they create my sound. Samples get chopped and mangled so they no longer resemble the original. So, no browsing, never stuck for sounds. It just takes practice and sounding kinda crappy, amateurish and limited for a while... which a lot of newcomers aren't prepared to do anymore, I guess.

depending on your DAW make a new folder called "My Samples" or "Not Crap" or something like that :)

then drag and drop any sounds that you think sound good.

label with folders within (Kicks, Snares, Loops, etc).

can take it a step further by doing some of your own sound design and dropping those clips in. or saving them as patches. or as audio with all your effects applied. so many options

just comes down to getting organized and having everything at your fingertips

Back