Yorkville Studio Monitor YSM1p...

mikefatom

hey guys !,

so, i posted the same thread on the DJ equipment forum but nobody replyied to it so i'm taking my chance on this one...

i know that it already came up a while ago but it seemed like nobody knew what the hell was Yorkville !
do you have any review on the YSM1p monitor ? as from the manual specs, it looks like a great piece of hardware but what about the real sound quality ? anybody ever tried, heard or use them ?

mike

I'm getting them actually, they're ****ing amazing......sure, you could get a couple mackies, and they do sound good......but do you really want to pay triple for just a bit better???

XFingaz said:
I'm getting them actually, they're ****ing amazing......sure, you could get a couple mackies, and they do sound good......but do you really want to pay triple for just a bit better???

hey Fingaz ! where are you planning to get them from and how much would it cost ?
thanx for the reply ,

mike

Well, I'm from Mississauga, Ontario and one of my friend's here is hooking it up for 600 tax in....brand new,,,

Whatever you do, if you live in Canada, don't get it from Long & Mcquade, go to a smaller dealer cuz l&m jacks up their prices due to their financing offer.....if you're paying up front, don't go to them....

by the way, where are you from?

hey thankx for the tip,
i'm from toronto, north york area ! not too far from u :) ...
btw, where can i get them for $600 ? what dealer you recommend buying stuff from in our area ? l&m seems having everything you want in music production-wise ...:rolleyes:

thanx

mike

l&m has everything you want indeed, but you can save a ****load of cash going to small dealers...I'll talk to my friend and see who he has deals with.....

At l&m, you can finance something, get any brand you want from MAudio to Technics, to Mackie.....which is very convenient, and also expensive for you...

with smaller dealers, they may only have stuff from Mackie and Behringer, and not have anything else, plus you have to pay up front, but its like $200 cheaper....(which caters to me cuz I'm 17 with a part time job and I don't exactly want to be financing stuff at this point)

contact me.....ICQ#55037348 and I'll try and get you a better price.

hey thanx man ... though, i'm not planning on buying them right now. i'm really tight on budget (not $$$ !!!!) :( but i'll definitly get a pair of those when i can afford it . they seems really nice for the price !. let me know whenever you get to hear them or use them and hit us back with a lil' review .. really appreciated :cheers:

thankx anyways,

mike

well i had ICQ but since everybody is on msn now, i threw it out of my comp a while ago... if you're on msn drop me a PM and i'll let u know my hotmail adress. alright ?

talk to ya later,

mike

hahaha thats funny, my sister lives in north york, when I went to visit I was obsessed with how low the airliners pass over her apartment, pretttttty cool:victory:

alright.....great man....I have msn...so I'll drop you a pm probably tomorrow....ciao

Yorkville Info.

Hey,
This is a link to the Yorkville website. http://www.yorkville.com
All the details are t here. A friend of mine has the non powered version and they sound great. Yes XFingaz was correct. L & M are a rip off. And the worst thing is that you usually have to wait weeks or months for things to br fixed or ordered. Avoid the monopoly that is the L & M. :bigeyes:

Cheers..

Back