Yet Another Problem With Behringer Truths. PLEASE HELP!!!

jay_jizle

needs more cowbell...
Ok. I've already searched for and read most of the threads about these monitors, and how they pick up radio signals, but I couldn't find anything on this particlar problem.

I have finally gotten my truths up and running, and low and behold, there's little to no bass coming from them. There is a little vibration, but the woofer isn't moving at all. It sounds like the woofer isn't working on either of them. They sound absolutely terrible.

I know a lot can be done to improve the quality. I'm still using a stock soundcard with unbalanced cables, but I doubt thats my problem. If anyone knows what the hell is going on, please help me out, I'm very frustrated right now.

Thanks

bro i dont have a clue......

could it be your mix? longshot i know but just in case what have you listened to through them?

i do not own a pair of truths but i would like to see the solution to this.

lil_slip said:
bro i dont have a clue......

could it be your mix? longshot i know but just in case what have you listened to through them?

i do not own a pair of truths but i would like to see the solution to this.

Thanks for at least showing interest. I know it can't be a mix thing. I was bumping all sorts of professionally mastered music through them and it was all bad.

But I just tried something else and made a promising discovery. I hooked one of them up to my DJ mixer with a guitar cable I have laying around, it it came through fine, bass and all.

So that tells me that its got to be my soundcard, or the relatively half-assed way I hooked them up. I think I just have to save up for a new audio interface.

At least now I have hope, but I'm still thinking something may be wrong with the speakers themselves, because anytime I turn either one on, even with no signal in, they make a loud "pop" sound, and the woofer actually moves a little bit. Then, when I turn them off, one of them always has the 'limit' light flash briefly right after the power light fades out. It doesn't sound like normal activity to me...

I dont know either bro but honestly if somebody would know it would be tweakhead at www.tweakheadz.com Just go to his forum and register and then post it there. Make sure to include all the details (waht soundcard you have, how everything is hooked up etc) and Im about sure he would help you with your problem. Peace

jay_jizle said:

Thanks for at least showing interest. I know it can't be a mix thing. I was bumping all sorts of professionally mastered music through them and it was all bad.

But I just tried something else and made a promising discovery. I hooked one of them up to my DJ mixer with a guitar cable I have laying around, it it came through fine, bass and all.

So that tells me that its got to be my soundcard, or the relatively half-assed way I hooked them up. I think I just have to save up for a new audio interface.

At least now I have hope, but I'm still thinking something may be wrong with the speakers themselves, because anytime I turn either one on, even with no signal in, they make a loud "pop" sound, and the woofer actually moves a little bit. Then, when I turn them off, one of them always has the 'limit' light flash briefly right after the power light fades out. It doesn't sound like normal activity to me...

I have the same monitors and the way to get ride of the loud pop is to turn all the sources that are goning to be plugged into them on first. Then, I usually put my mixer at a low volume and then turnt them on. Then, I turn them off before I turn off my mixer

sleepy said:
Plain and simple, it's your cable not making good contact.:)

Thank you, sir.

Thats what I needed to know. I'm looking at getting a little Emu 1212 just so I can get my stuff all hooked up.

But about the pops...when I turn them on, they do that even if there is no signal line plugged into the monitors. And no signal coming from any source. I'm thinking defective, but I'll invest a little more in my connections, and see where that leads me.

Thanks for the suggestions, people.

Oh okay, I missed the pop thing.

I want to say that's normal but it doesn't really happen under all conditions.

I am not the best when it comes to electrical current but it has to do with your electricity. Sometimes the "pop" is worse than others I am betting. This is due to the way that the current is running to the monitors. Not the best explanation, actually it wasn't even an explanation because I don't know how to explain it but that's the cause for that.

Back