wut ya need for some dope trip hop songs

K

kanibalistic

i was just wondering wut it takes to make trip hop type music like dj cam or especially dj krush, his **** is fat, i already have a minidisc player to record and to tech m3ds, so i was wondering wut else like something to make some heavy dark beats and some jazzy samples, do they just use records or wut, i need some help, so anything will help, like a comp program that can do this shiz or wut like drum box which one and a sampler or what??????????

What you need is a Sampler...
Very good price/quality are EMU (Like the Emu Esi-4000 or the Emu Esi-2000,they got cool filters!)
Also Akai is very good,although lacking in the filter department.(And filters are important in trip Hop as you can get your sounds VERY dirty).
You also need some guitar pedals...They give your sound a very Lo-Fi feel...
Bye ;-)

High there?

I've not been doin this too long but I couldn't afford a decent sampler so I use soundforge to sample off me decks then whack on some effects (through a pre-amp then straight into the line in on me PC).
save the files as wav files and open them in Reason.
take it from there...
Ninja tunes - Jazz Brakes 3 &4 have some nice beats to lift and stick effects on for trip hop style action.

Y>es i wondered about those kind of sound. The tunes sound very "old" and "dark". i looked at the cover:

recorded and mastered in 2 special studios.

Dont know which effects those londonboys lay on the downmix, but they surly do. I can only tell you : smoke some nice green, enjoy your equitment , and let the flow go. The special sound is made by mastering and mastereffects i think. seems like they lay a radionoise on the mix and cut down some high-frequences.

thats all i know-:confused:

Re: High there?

So you're doing it all the soft-way ?
I bet it works very well but I can't supply you with hints then as I still work with Atari St !!!! ;-)
I use my PC just for Internet and some Hard-disk recording...I do all my MIDI with ATARI as the MIDI-accuracy on PC sucks BIG TIME!!!! ;-(
(Atari is much more accurate on the timing!)
Bye!!!!
PS:You could get some HIPHOP sample-cd's to use with your software?

Back