Wierd Stuff in Magix

ceemdee

I purchased Music Studio 2004 Deluxe v1.01 and it installs ok on both my desktop - Viglen PIII 866, Sounblaster live 5.1, 256 MB Ram, Yamaha speakers, Windows XP, screen resolution greater than 800*600 but no graphics card - and on my Laptop - Dell P4 1.6 Ghz, integrated soudblaster compatible soundcard, 128 MB ram, nVidia Graphics card.

Magix Audio Studio runs ok on both but Magix Midi Studio will not run - it seems to get hung up when it tries "Initialising External Editor Communications" - this is the point in the loading process where it stalls and hangs up.

Oddly, midi studio will run on my laptop when it is connected to the internet - it will still run when I disconnect from the internet so long as I don't switch off the laptop. Once switched off and restarted Midi studio wont run and I get the "Initialising External Editor Communications" problem again. My desktop isnt connected to the internet but I suspect midi studio would run if it was.

I look forward to any replies and suggestions as how to fix this.

CeeDee

Magix Music Studio is alright on a budget, however the Midi Studio is simply awful, you benefit from not being able to use it. If your on a budget you should take that back and buy a version Cubasis.

i don't know...i have a friend who uses magix software and has gone through so much **** with it. i'd get cakewalk home studio or cubasis if you're on a budget. it costs a little more, but its a lot better.

I'll have to agree...the midi studio is completely useless(I think). However, I've used Magix for awhile now(Currently Magix Studio Deluxe 7.0), and it has treated me fairly well. I completed one album on Magix 6.0 standard last year, and the digital mixing software worked incredible for me. And with Deluxe, its twice as better. I'd love to use many other programs, but since being on a TIGHT budget, this program has worked beautifully...If you have any other questions, holler at me...I'd be glad to help

Back