where to get good deal on cables

n0303

I need to buy a lot of cables for my patchbay. I am looking for high quality cables around 3 and 1 foot, trs. Where can i get a good deal as I feel that gc is taking me to the cleaners.

does anyone know anything about the hosa cs400 cables? zzounds i think has a good deal on the duals,, well its a good deal if they are better than the cs300's which are quite nice. Hosa's website does not have any info soooo...... any info would be appreciated.

Yes I have some in the 15 and 20 foot range. They are just fine for long runs where you aren't going to be patching them a lot. Using them for patches you need to be real carefull that you always pull only by the metal sleeve or you will work the leads right out of their solder joints. The metal sleeves also tend to loosen themselves up and you will find yourself constantly tightening them. A real nuisance.

Thats why I gave you the link to the RE's. They are cheap and have molded plugs designed for patching abuse. They are going to be as good as anything out there without the expense.

Do like I did

Steal them from school on your last day.

At teh very least I deserved a few spare XLR, military 1/4' patchbay stuff and MIDI cables. My damn tuition was so high I think it should be considered a throw in.

Or at the very least pass the cost on to the next poor sucker who has to pay that same tuition.

Last edited:
Well , I dont believe in that , no offence.
I went to gc , thought i would just give in. They didnt even have any and then they tried to sell me mogami's! I mean dude, i dont have a neve console or anything. I would love to have them but for what i need i could buy three compressors ( joemeeks but still ). Anyway, i got the cs400 cables for running behind all my gear and some decent short 18 inch patches for the front.

If i make it one day i will guy a neve desk and some mogami cables, until then......

I guess the tuition went up a little more after they replaced the cables you thought belonged to you.:(

n0303 I doubt you will ever notice cheaper cables, especially on very short runs. Mogami goes on hype.

Back