Where do you buy software (like Reason!)

N

nandaiyo

Where do you folks buy your software? (Like Reason, Cakewalk, etc)

Right now I only know of two places with semi-good deals:

-Guitar Center
-www.sweetwater.com

:rolleyes: Please don't tell me to just download it of some warez ftp/site. I've been there before and I think it's better to purchase the software for a few reasons, the most important being that joy you get from ripping open the boxes and sniffing the crisp manuals/CDs.

hehe.....

buying software

:)
I agree with you. I also buy my music-software and games because it is always nice to open the box, read the manual etc. And you also support the producer of the programs.

Take care,

A good tip if you are shopping at Guitar Center. Find the cheapest price you can online and bring it in to GC with you. They will match the price 99% of the time. You HAVE to ask though! You can haggle too. I always see people paying full price without even asking if they can get a better price.

On big ticket items (over $1000) you can always get at least 100 bucks off if you ask. Unless of course the item is in extreme demand like the Access Virus.

peace,
fitz

Yeah, guitar center isn't too bad, but it also depends on who is behind the counter.

When I bought my keyboard, I got no deals (100 off, etc), even though I asked. They did offer me a discount on a stand, but I didn't need one. But then again, the keyboard was on sale to $3695 from $7700, so no complaints here! :p

but there was a guitar guy that sold me a guitar and threw in a free stand and gave me a discount on a case.

audiomidi.com -- they have been holding weekend sales the past few months. I got Reason for USD249.00 (with free shipping!!!) and an unbeatable price on an RME Digi 96/8 Pst card. Check their site on weekends...

I usually shop at americanmusical.com. They offer payment plans on items that cost $250 and up I believe (without interest or the need for a company-specific credit card/line) and have some of the nicest customer service people I've dealt with.

Sweetwater is good for their fast shipping...although the prices on some of their items is just a touch too high.

Back