Where can I buy midi keyboard with just a few keys?

E

El Bombastico

the only place I know of online to buy a midi keyboard is pssl.com. the only midi keyboard they have is a 72 key. I want one with just a few keys for firing off samples and such.

thanks homey. I'm just looking for something REALLY basic, I'll check out the site for stuff before I hit you up with dumb questions. BTW, I'm in Long Beach.:cheers:

ok, here comes the dumb questions....I looked through the musiciansfriend site and found keyboards similar to what i've already found(72 keys+, used mostly for playing like a piano). I'm trying to be as cheap as possible here:D . I want to get a keyboard with just a few keys PLUS the 4control from native instruments. I think I can keep my costs down pretty low that way. and then the fun can begin!..

there's a cheap keyboard that's only like $100. Every place carries it. I don't know how many keys or who makes it. I think it might be fatar...

Since you said you just needed it to "fire off samples" i'm assuming you don't need an actual keyboard w/ notes. maybe you might want to look at some drum pad triggers. I don't know how much they are though... cheaper than a keyboard.

Here's a couple I found:

Yamaha CBXK1 MIDI Keyboard - $159
Fatar CMK37 MIDI Controller - $89
Kaysound MK-4902 MIDI Controller - $129

From what you said, it looks like the $89 one is exactly what you want.

:cheers:

dj funkifize: I just read your post. I think we're both talking about the same one. :D

I think you get the credit for that one.

Cheers

hehe yeah
n3trino's got it... the fatar CMK37

you could also try garage sales for used casios or something. As long as it has midi it'll work. i've seen cheap controllers at computer shows for like $50.

Check garage sales, you might find other cool stuff too.

two cents worth,

check out the Roland PC160A bundle @ Edirol.com. It lists on the site for $188 so you can probably find it for less from a retailer and it's a roland.

Peace and good jamz :monkey:

Back