all i would ever dream of is

x1 Akai MPC 2000XL MCD w/ 'Sounds for samplers' 40 Kit Flash Card
x1 Technics SL-1200 MKII Turntable
x1 Rane TTM 56 Mixer
x1 Alesis RA 150 Amp
x2 Alesis Monitor 1, MK2 Passive Monitors
And of course, vinyl and lots of it.

peace

LOL, the funniest thing.. My buddy, Dj Noodles, most of you probably don't know who he is, but he is pretty well known in NY, he makes all his tracks in fruity loops, then plays em out and scratches like most people wish they could.

The kid was the hottest hip hop Dj in buffalo, got the best 2 hours on the radio during the drive home, (5 O' clock throw down) at a synicated radio station. He quit because the station didn't like the old school, biggie and 2 pac hip hop, even though you would only hear 1 minutes of it before he dropped another banger. It took this city by storm, everyone was tuned in to it. The kid had hookups with all the major labels, kicked it on the phone with eminem and 50cent, not bad for a 22 yr old!!

Now he is flown in to Florida every week to Dj at Paris Hiltons club
Club Paris in Orlando on Friday, then on Thursday at her other club in Jacksonville, then off he goes to do another set on one of those Sirius radio stations.

The kid blew the ef up... why? Because he knew how to use the most basic, cheapest sequencer known to man. And he knows how to tear it up on the decks. A double threat, and one that has a happy story.

Dont believe me?

http://www.djnoodles.net

http://www.myspace.com/fixyourface

Last edited:
Here is my dream setup,
ok its not so dreamy but more of a realistic to buy list. (will have it all in 5-10 years :cool: )

Pre's:
Vintech X73i
SCA 8 Channel preamp= 4X N72,X4 A12 modules
TOFT EC-1

Convertion:
Lynx Aurora 8

Audio Interface:
RME FF400

Mic closet:
X2 AKG C414 B-ULS
SOUNDELUX U195
X4 Shure Sm57
Studio Projects C3

Monitors:
Adam P11

Summing:
Dangerous 2-Bus

Compression:
Manley SLAM!
FMR RNC

Wiring
Klotz cables with Nutrik plugs

Synths:

Elektron Monomachine
Elektron Machinedrum
Clavia G2Key+dsp upgrade

thats it :cheers:
not too much to ask for isnt it?

Last edited:
the machine drum and monomachine are sweet but over priced IMO, I owned both at one point and think the machine drum would be a good price at 799.00 and the mono at 1199.00

But then again, I wasted 3k on the Andromeda, which really shouldn't have costed a penny over 2k..

I agree,
Elektron are putting a big price tag on their stuff because they have no competition.
i belive you can get the MD off the Evilbay for +-700US.

my dream studio, then i got to find some milions € first... and can make a post that is long, but here is a short version:

first of all, a perfect acoustic enviroment in my control room and recording booths with good monitoring in my control room (Quested mains, Barefoot and ADAM nearfields) and exelent hi end wirering/patchbay's.

for hardware this setup:

an api vision console with full automation/recall, some Studer A82x 2" taperecorders, and a digtal system like Nuendo on a good pc with Radar V convertors/HD recorder and/or Cranesong HEDD Convertors and lynx AES16 PCIe cards

preamps by API, Chandler, Mercury, Neve (1073), GML, A-design, DW Fearn
dynamics by Emperial labs, Urei, Teltronics, GML, Smart Research, Mercury, DW fearn
eq by manley & GML
sfx by Lexicon, TC Electronics and Eventide, and some analogue stuff by EMT & Roland.
mics by Gefell, DPA, Peluso, Telefunken Ger, AKG, Shure, AEA, Royer, Nuemann, ...

and of course all the best instruments like an originals rhodes Mark II, and Hamond B3, some good guitars, bass, amps, drums from sonor and singerland, tons of synths incls some real vintage (korg ms20, oberheim OB-X, elka synthex, roland jupiter 8, waldorf Q+, ARP Solina, Eminent Unique,..) and new (alesis Andromedia, Poly Envolver, Minimoog voyager, Nord Modular, Virus B, ...), and of course some good sampler stuff like an MPC and ASR

some good musicians to play all that stuff (i play not so much intruments :) , i'm more a producer/engineer/composer)

Last edited:
Akai MPC4000
Control 24 Board(scratch that, this is a dream...give me a full SSL Console(you pick a model)
Vestax QFOs
Yamaha NS10s
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 64-bit workstation with:
UAD-1 Ultra PAK
Propellerhead Reason and Recycle
Logic Pro
Digidesign Protools
MOTU Digital Performer
Sibelius
hundreds of plug-ins
thousands of samples/refills
Roland Fantom 88key
Korg Oasis
Yamaha Motif Rack
Korg Triton Rack
Ensoniq ASR-10
Stradavarius Trumpet
Drum Set
Electric, Acoustic and Bass Guitar with various affects and pedals
Live Band on-call
Live Orchestra on-call
Live Background singers on-call
...and two butt-naked midgets that feed me grapes, sample dig, trouble-shoot signal routing and track beats.
(Dont get offended j/p...they dont have to be midgets)

Speakers, something to make noise with, something to amplify that. And a microphone, yeah, a microphone.

My dream set up?
shoot, real simple.. all i would need is...

-Mpc 2000xl
-Technics Sl 1200
-Akai s950
-Roland Tr 808
-Roland Tr 909
-fender rhodes 73
-an upright bass
-Korg d-1200 mkII

the beats i would make with that set up........god

- MPC 4000

- Logic Pro 8 (can't wait when it comes out, I currently have 7.2.3)

- Mac Pro with Duo Quadcores [YES 8 Processors] (heard coming to a store near you around mid/end-Nov)

- CME VX8 Midi Controller

- TTM57SL

- 2x Stanton Str8-150

- A lot Of Old Vinyls ( I am talking every genre u can think of from 1930s up to now)

- Reason 3 (or 4 if they wanna put it out early) with ALL the ad-ons

- Native Instruments Komplete 4

- Native Instruments Kore

- M-Audio EX66 ( I already have a set of Bx8s)

- M-Audio BX10 Sub

- M-Audio Project Mix I/O (not too sure about that one/it looks sexy to me)

- M-Audio Sputnik (mic)

- G-Media Plugins (all of them)

- Motif Es Rack

- Phantom XLR Rack

- Nord Rack

- Some Novation Racks

Hopefully I should have all of this or their newer versions in 12 months or so.

Can't wait...

We will be banging good music

Last edited:
was searchin around and found this old thread, i always love these things, figured id post...

MPC 2500
Fender Rhodes Piano Bass
Moog Little Phatty
SansAmp ASP-1
Technics 1200s (pair)
Rane SM56 mixer
Yamaha HS80ms (pair)
Roland VS880

This would of course only be my production studio...

Last edited by a moderator:
Neko Lux 24 carat gold edtion with 100,000 sounds to start off with
not including all the vst programs i can install, and the option to clone any keyboard, module, etc,

Back