whats this sound??

H

har

im making beats .
i have my mixer connected to my pc.
and i also have my mpc and my keyboard connected to my mixer. it has 14 channels.

now my question is . what is this sound im getting from my mixer. it sounds like it pops first then increasingly a whoaaaa sound gets louder.

when that happens i turn off my mixer then turn it back on and its gone. but then i comes back.. what is causing this to happen and how can i fix it.

please respond... i dont like that sound.

what kind of mixer

I had asimilar problem at work, but it was with a spirit folio just a little 4ch. I set it up for a small Jazz band in some club. Then all of a sudden this noise came on and it got really loud it. so i unplugged it and pluged it back in the same thing happened. Turned out to be the power supply. anyways maybe that will help you

..sounds like a feedback issue to me. what else have you got connected to your mixer? and yeah, threshold could right too - power supplies are known to cause nasty hums as well

i get that feedback when i accidentally leave monitor "on" on my mpc in record mode and i'm resampling my main outs see if you don't have a monitor on somewhere on your mixer or somethin

What mixer do you have?

This is definitely feedback. I get a sudden feedback loop due to direct monitoring when I forget to re-route the tape inputs on my behringer.

Yours works its way up due to you operating with a higher latency.

thaks guys

i dont know what it is .

if it is the power supply how can i fix it/?
i have a behringer eurorack mx 1604a.

and i also have my mic connected to it.

if you know what i can do please let me know.. thanks..

No, we're telling you that you're getting feedback.:D

What are you trying to do when this happens and what soundcard do you have?

okay.

well this happens when im making beats on my mpc.
while the mpc is playing and even when the mpc is not playing.

i also use reason for the synth's

and the funny thing is that when that anoying sound comes on. it also cuts the whatever sound that is beign played from my keyboard, but not from the reason program.

so all ill hear is the loud whoaaa huming sound and what ever tune i have senquenced on my mpc to play from reason.

feedback. could it be my keyboard then thats causing this. sleepy.

Feedback is when you have an audio source and the signal is looping (feeding back) an ouput to an input and so the signal keeps going around and that's the noice that you get.

Somewhere down the line you have an input looping with an output, this depends on your set up.

My guess would be incorrect connections such as monitor outs being used for main outs.

Back