What's everybody using for monitors?

Simple answer. 5 inch woofers aren't wide enough to properly distribute low end sound. 6.5s give a remarkable difference from 5s, and once you get into 8s, it all begins to make sense.

I'd recommend 8inch speakers that came with a aiwa system from Wal-Mart over what people call "top of the line 5 inch monitors". But this is left to opinion, not saying they're factually better, just saying what works best for me.

But if you talking the same manufactured model...the bigger the woofer the better the dynamics, 100% fact.

I have had one of those Aiwa mini systems and that thing sounded very good.

m-audio bx8as - good monitors i just need a better mixing enviornment...

if i had the money id upgrade to

adam a7

and my most important reference tool, ipod headphones

Sadly they are a good reference tool.
Every time I see people with Ipods, I see them with those substandard white ear buds.
Why people pay as much as they do for they're Ipods, and are content to settle with those ear buds is behond me?

Last edited:
Sadly they are a good reference tool.
Every time I see people with Ipods, I see them with those substandard white ear buds.
Why people pay as much as they do for they're Ipods, and are content to settle with those ear buds is behond me?

Thats funny use them to reference to after mixing as well

check out these old pioneer bad boys

16052009014.jpg

^^^^^ Yeah, I have those also. Once I set them up correctly they told on me like a little girl. Yeah, I had to step my mixes up.

KTE Reference I as main monitors
FCS passives as nearfield

Back