What's the best equipment?

K

kamakazie

I'm researchin on what equipment to add to my studio. Right now all i got is a MRS1044cd SIAB. It's got a mixer (not a very good one) a drum/bass machine, send/return and a lot of effects, reverb, hall, etc...I also got a B1 Compressor mic,I can record a rough copy of my sh1t, but I can't get that professional sound with it. I'm deployed right now, so I got time and hopefully money. When I get back I want to get: a better mixer unit, a keyboard, and a good audio/studio computer. I also thinking about getting an external compressor and amp. I know ya'll know a lot of good equipment and what not to buy, so I'm hopin ya'll got some good suggestions on the best of this equipment to buy. My siab is a zoom product, so maybe ya'll also know the best connections wit it. Thanks, your brotha

kamakazie

mixer: mackie vlz series. best in its class and one of the best on the market. i hear mackie is making an onyx series too. . maybe watch out for that this year.

keyboard: impossible to tell. what are you producing?

audio/studio computer: build one. or if you dont know enough to build one, become friends with someone that does. i have a dual amd board with over a gig of memory and it cost just over a grand US currency and has NEVER crashed. no joke.

if youre absolutely cluessless on the computer tip go to http://www.alienware.com/workstations_daw.aspx

alienware is a very respectable company... mainly for gaming, though some of their audio workstations look EXCELLENT.

good luck.

-justin

man you betta go out and test some equipment in person.

every negreo thinks his equipment is the best.

case in point: 9th Wonder says Fruity Loops is the best and damn the whole music industry ****s on it.

whatever you cop just make sure its what fit your musical taste and the sound you looking to produce.

work that **** to the limit and you'll have hot music with whatever you purchase.

(meaning if you purchase at least some **** on a professional level FL Studio, Reason, Motif, Triton, Kurzweil, MPC, Roland MV 8000?, ASR.... the list goes on)

Back