Whats the avg. hourly rate for studio use?

D

DJ-Silly

I want to get in a studio to record some vocals real soon! if anyone has any info on what to do once ur there or how much it usually costs please help me!! do i take them my beat and stuff .....im just not sure what to do. Im not that good of a rapper but i just wanna make my own CD for the hell of it!!!

haha help appreciated!!!

Oh man, you have money to spend then if you're not really serious.:D

K lou studios in the bay area over by Richmond charges $500 last time I checked, for a beat and to record the track.

I got a hook up for $17 an hour over there but I don't know what they'll charge other folks though. It depends from studio to studio.

If you're not serious, look up a home studio. Or hell, just get a cheap mixer, a mic, a soundcard, and you're set since the soundcard may have some type of multi-tracking software.

Can't say there's an average price, studios charge by what they have equipment, space, engineers. You mention you're not that good so, you want to pratice at a studio.
I'd say try a small studio, that's not a lot of hype. Expect to pay about $50.00-$60.00/hr, of course if you buy a block of course the rate is cheaper.
Take your beat with you, they will load it into there system and you lay your vocals. Mix the vocals with the beat, which should not take long at all.

Call up some studios, explain what you want to accomplish and shop around.

www.mixlineent.com

my advise to u is....... b4 you WASTE money i suggest you rehearse at like at a home studio b4 you go to a professional studio. you might go in there thinking everything's a go, but once you get in there it takes you longer than u expected. just a word of advice. the studios that i have been to have protools and all that good sh!t. they charge around 20-75 an hr.

Back