What are you going to add to your studio next?

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
What are you going to add to your studio next?
Can be several machines, but... but not "all those of your dream" here's the thing: list what you think you WILL buy next to add in your studio

:) let's see what everyone has in mind!

I'll start

I think next time I'll upgrade my studio, I'll get the following:

. Yamaha 01V digital mixer
. ADAT extension for 01V mixer
. E-MU sampler (any good one with an ADAT extension)
. midiman 8x8 "midisport" USB midi interface

I'm doing good with what I have right now, so this will only happen in the next year I think.

well, my next purchase isn't going to be a "machine." I'm going to be spending my $$ on some instruments before I buy anything else.

I'm going to get a new guitar. Acoustic/electric- so I can plug in and record direct in so I can play and record at night (which is when I do most of my audio stuff). No expensive mics this way either :D

Then I'm going to buy a rack for my drums so my room won't be as crowded (get's rid of all my cymbal stands this way).

And then drums, drums, and more drums!!:victory:

next additions

1) a MIDI patch bay. A must so that i can spare my 5-pin DIN jacks from heavy usage in re-routing situations. I'll probably pick up the MIDIman MIDI sport 8x8. A 8 in 8 out midi patch bay with LTC to MTC conversion and many other desirable bells and whistles.

2) a good multi in/out analog interface for the PC. I'll probablly go with the Echo Layla 24/96. I've attached the specs for you to sift through.

Dynamic Range of 110dB (A-weighted) on inputs, 115dB on outputs

Eight Balanced +4dBu TRS inputs

Eight Balanced +4dBu TRS outputs

Headphone output with volume control

Both Alesis ADAT optical and S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs

MIDI In/Out/Thru

Word clock I/O

Esync to other Echo 24 bit products

Software Console for monitoring, metering, and setting levels

Low-latency drivers

Compatible with all popular recording/editing software

Full duplex operation (simultaneously record eight analog channels while playing back eight analog channels)

Will record analog and digital inputs simultaneously
Includes mixer application for audio outputs, monitor assignments, volume, and metering

Includes Syntrillium Software’s Cool Edit Pro - Special Edition multitrack recording/editing software

Compatible with Windows 95/98/ME, Mac, GSIF, and ASIO.

I'll be adding some quality audio patchbays and replacing a lot of cables with new cables.

A blow up doll, cause something needs to take off the stress.
Also look out for my first single coming out, In the same note as Digital Allies - Without You. IE Male singer, very nice!
And i'm currently working a a remake of Percy Faiths theme to a summer place, very hard trance. its lookin good

sounds like an interesting workload.
i would get a rhythm machine, like a new MachineDrum" if possible (they are only selling them to a restricted amount of poeople for a few months.
that's what i would get,and a Yamaha Rs7000.and/or a Roland audio sampler/sequencer box(JP808style of thing).
Also, a firewire, cd burning capable latop, 256meg ram, 20gig drive, 1gigahertz, with TV,S-Video and standard VGA output...
Just those items, and possibly aHardware vision mixer, a 733mhz G4 with DVD burner, and inter that does GoodQuality cd adhesive labels, ones that look good and dont interfere with the operation of the cd.

RS7000, RS7000, MORE RS7000

And a better computer, this one is only barely ok.

well.....

look at my post below this one and tell me what you guys think i should add next....and if anybody can answer a question about cubasis please message me on aol my screen name is VersiStyle

Furniture: A proper workstation setup. The kind with the rack in the center console.

Filters: I was thinking about the GC deal on the Electrix FilterFactory, but then I learned that the FF does not support MIDI triggering of the envelope. That sux!

Creamware Pulsar XTC. If I can get a good deal on it.

Sample libraries! Most expensive part of all. Anyone want to trade, email llamativo@hotmail.com?

llamativo.

well, I just bought the Prosonus sample CD for my new emu sampler. I hope it's as good as I've heard. :D

Next will definitely be a new guitar. I haven't decided whether I'm going to get a better acoustic, or an electric.

also a scsi case w/ CDR and HD inside... for my sampler.

I'm getting rid of my ESI 32 sampler and getting a fully expanded 128 meg Triton Rack as well as the Mo Phatt chip for my Proteus. I should be set for a while.

Next on the list is an Event EZ Bus digital mixer. Actually it serves three functions
- Stand alone digital mixer
- Computer Audio Recording Interface
- Software Control Surface
A set of nearfield monitors. Something like Event 20/20 or Tannoy or Genelecs.
Logic Audio.
A really comfortable chair

i am going to be adding a secong tr909 and a 32 band parametric EQ.

then soldering some cables :(

Back