What studio monitors? Budget $200

mminehart

I need to get some cheap studio monitors for my room, so I dont want to spend more than $200. Any suggestions?

cinnay_4 said:
save up some more cash.
Its not about not having the money to buy better ones. Its just the amount of money im willing to spend on some monitor speakers for my room. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Last edited:
mminehart said:
Its not about not having the money to buy better ones. Its just the amount of money im willing to spend on some monitor speakers for my room. I gotta draw the line somewhere.
You can't go cheap on monitors. They are one of the most important components of your setup. Be willing to spend a lottle more, you be glad in the long run.

mminehart said:

maybe you should draw the line at a little more because honestly, 200 bucks isn't gettin you anything worth having.

I would do 300 or even 400 maybe. Its just for an MPC500 that I got to bring over to friends houses. At this point I keep it in my room and mess with it when I am too lazy to go the the basement. So really dont want to spend a lot on something that is not my primary setup, I got some decent Mackies in the basement

But I guess I could do 300 on the M-Audio BX5a monitors. Anyone else have any expierence with these?

Last edited:
mminehart said:
I would do 300 or even 400 maybe. Its just for an MPC500 that I got to bring over to friends houses. At this point I keep it in my room and mess with it when I am too lazy to go the the basement. So really dont want to spend a lot on something that is not my primary setup, I got some decent Mackies in the basement

But I guess I could do 300 on the M-Audio BX5a monitors. Anyone else have any expierence with these?
You could get the KRK Rockit 5's for that price. Their great monitors for the price.

bro seriously dont listen to these guys.. u dont have to spend all that money on some monitors.. it depends on how good are ur ears and u can mix... If u can mix it dont matter... Are u recording a album? or u just want some stuff for production? If u doing production it dont really matter IF U CAN MIX but if u do recording and mixing it u might wont some tighter ones.. u sound like a kid that just wants some to get a good mix

i just copped the M-Audio BX5's on Amazon for 250 bucks, including shipping...its great too cause they are active monitors so i didnt have to go off spendin more money on amps and what not...

from what ive heard of them so far, i am very pleased and I think they are a great starting point...I dont think these will be the end-all to my monitor purchases though...I will upgrade later when it makes sense and I actually have a good idea of what I am doing!!:D

Jim Butler Entertainment

Jim Butler always has a crappy pair of speakers to reference, he often uses Tommy Dorsey at Masterfonics to master his mixes. The gear there is sick.

jimbutlerentertainment.com

Im going to get the KRK RP5 or RP6 Rokits at guitar center this weekend. Now you guys got me spending 300+ on some monitors I will probably use 2 times a month, O well at least they will sound decent when I do.

Last edited:
Back