What studio monitors? Budget $200

jluketwo said:
lol u coulda got them for 124.99 each yesterday at GC thats when i got the rp6 for 149 haha then rp10s was 249 too

Damn Ill see what I can talk them into..it always works at GC

i have the krk rocket 5's also. i think theyre probably exactly what your lookin for. they sound great, especially in a smaller room. i think i got mine for $150 a piece at guitar center. in my opinion, thats your best bet.

on a $200 budget, you can get a monitor system that surpasses most peoples $500 monitor system. How? Go with Bookshelf Speakers instead of "advertised Studio Monitors". A pair of $200-300 JBLs or Wharfdales will blow the sh*t out of KRKs and low budget Events. Research for yourself, everyone on FP will tell you "spend more $$$" that's because for some reason they didn't research before buying what they use. If you can get a pair of 8inch HiFi Bookshelves, you're in the game, period.

Many Rock Classics were recorded on nothing more. "Studio Monitors" is a term that's thrown on the same quality "Bookshelf Speakers" so they can charge you a few extra hundred for them. You're not getting into top quality monitors below the $800-1000 mark, so you're in the same running with everyone else.

http://www.amazon.com/Bookshelf-Speakers-Audio-Video/b?ie=UTF8&node=281421

Last edited:
Yea I almost forgot about the KRK Rockit 5's...Those are good monitors as well. Although you may want to take into consideration that the KRKs carry bass more than the BX5a's. By this I mean to say that if you play a bass heavy track on the KRK's it will sound a little different on the BX5a's; the KRK's are a little "bassier" if you will. In any case, both are good monitors. Its just a matter of preference.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
on a $200 budget, you can get a monitor system that surpasses most peoples $500 monitor system. How? Go with Bookshelf Speakers instead of "advertised Studio Monitors". A pair of $200-300 JBLs or Wharfdales will blow the sh*t out of KRKs and low budget Events. Research for yourself, everyone on FP will tell you "spend more $$$" that's because for some reason they didn't research before buying what they use. If you can get a pair of 8inch HiFi Bookshelves, you're in the game, period.

Many Rock Classics were recorded on nothing more. "Studio Monitors" is a term that's thrown on the same quality "Bookshelf Speakers" so they can charge you a few extra hundred for them. You're not getting into top quality monitors below the $800-1000 mark, so you're in the same running with everyone else.

Cant say I disagree with this advice at all.

So with the bookshelf monitors. Are the Tannoy F1 Customs good?

Because apparntly i can get a good deal: 2 for £84 (About $170)

Should i take it? Are Tannoy headphones good?

look for a new pair of krk rokit 5's on ebay i got mine for under 200 new in box. might take you a week or 2 to find the right auction.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:

so what about having a flat responce? hi fi has a disco smile eq that u cant work around. That is why u will NEVER KNOW WHAT UR MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE WITH HI FI. but with that said rokit 5's arent flat and pretty much no monitor truly is but much closer than some thing trying to "spice up" ur highs and lows......

swift

Last edited:
just co signing the krk rp5's if u know anything about car audio u know krk dont mess around. why not get their monitors...i got mine at gc for 300 and never thought about bringin them back

Back