What should i add to my setup next???

D

drez

i have already....

roland sp-808ex
DJx keyboard
and some sorry little drum machine (it is horrible)
a turntable (for sampling)
and cubase (still havent figured out how to work it...contact me on aim if you wanna help me please)

im into producing hip hop music and i dunno what i should get next....i was thinking a new drum machine as mine sux so bad maybe the boss dr202....i heard it had some good hip hop sounds....or i was thinkin i could get something to make my current drum machine sound heavier or "phatter"......i got about $700 any suggestions????

fruityloops

I would get a copy of FruityLoops3 for your Pc as it a mazing drum machine/sequncer.

TODDLA :monkey:

well....

thanx for the reply but i im not a big software fan....im lookin for some hardware...

hmm....

why does the thread get like 30 views and 1 response??? well anyways if nobody wants to make suggestions for my studio can somebody PLEASE help me with cubase contact me on aol my name is VersiStyle im sure there is a really simple answer and i would post it on this board but i feel it would be a waist of time cuz nobody would respond....so please if you have a minute and use cubase just contact me please

hip hop....

i like the dirty type hip hop beats like wu-tang and company flow and what not.....

Get an akai MCP3000 if you can afford it otherwise an Akai MCP2000.

SP12 and SP1200 are the traditional Hip Hop drum tools but are a bit out of date now.

I have a Korg EA-1. It's an analog modeling drum machine. Tweak the kobs in realtime to design your own drum sounds. The bass is so deep that it rattles my windows. Easy to use and a steal a 299.00
It does sound a bit "electronic" though so if you are looking for real sounding drums I suggest you get a Boss - Dr770 or 550.

:cheers:

why dont you try and get hold of a roland tr808, they are used everywhere in hip hop. they have a massive booming bass drum, if you want to dirty it up a bit, try out some guitar pedals on the drum.

check ebay and used ads for one.

Back