What gear u rockin

I think I already posted, but I've updated my studio. I

Sound Sources:Mixers/Sequencers:
  • Mackie 24-4
  • Behringer 6 Channel
  • MAM SQ16 XoX Sequencer
  • Alesis MMT-8

Next will be a Delta 1010, a new computer and a pair of Alesis M1 Actives.

Hmm

Some of you are getting bent out of shape about others owning alot of gear..

Always remember this, unless you're completely professional and/or have been producing music for a long time, the amount of gear one has is almost always inversely proportional to the *quality* of music that comes out of it.

All these guys with 20 synths and the like, it's just amusing really, because they aren't going to get much done with it.

I know, because I've been there.

Gear

2 computers, one 500mhz P3, the other 1.2ghz Athlon, both with 512mb ram.

2 1200mk3d's, vestax pcv275 mixer, ortofon nightclubs & m44's, boss sp303 sampler, efx500 effects processor, roland sound module.

thats about it for now, but since i'm only into spinning and live production, it works out well for me.

Re: Hmm

clayne said:
Some of you are getting bent out of shape about others owning alot of gear..

Always remember this, unless you're completely professional and/or have been producing music for a long time, the amount of gear one has is almost always inversely proportional to the *quality* of music that comes out of it.

All these guys with 20 synths and the like, it's just amusing really, because they aren't going to get much done with it.

I know, because I've been there.

Some people also like to have a lot of synths around 'cause they are fun to play with. I can make a song with a banana peel and two matches of different lengths, but do I want to, no. People like to have gear around and if they can afford it and they like spending their money on it, who cares? I think you're jealous of the people with a few synths.

I agree that more in not always better, but If you get good use out of it ,does it realy matter whos got what?

For me its the output quality of my music that counts ,but without the gear my creativity can only be used at limitations.

I do think that by getting too much gear in a too short space of time is waist of time as you cant focus enough time with individual peices of gear to make the most of its capabilities depending on how experenced you are? I like to have more synths in my studio just to play with and have fun because thats what trigers off the best idears and the best music.

For me this topic is usefull to see whos got what so I can maybe ask for more info about particula peices of gear from somone who has experence with it.

I do agree that too much at one time is bad. There was a guy at the soundonsound(or was it harmony central?) who decided to spend 15,000 on a new setup and he didn't even know how to set it up. It was quite funny. I'll try and find it so everyone can have a good laugh...

hardware/gear:

* MOOG L.A.M.M. Memorymoog+ (full MIDI upgrade)
* Novation Supernova II
* Oberheim Matrix-1000
* Yamaha A 3000 sampler
* Rode NT-2 - condenser microphone
* Roland JP-8080
* Roland MKS-50 (Alpha-Juno module)
* Roland Juno-60 (midified via Kenton Pro2000 midi-to-dcb)
* Roland TB-303 "Bassline" (midified via Kenton Pro2000 midi converter)
* Roland XP-30
* Roland TR-808 (legendary vintage drum machine)
* Behringer Eurodesk MX3282A - 32-channel mixer
* TC Electronic FireworX - fx module
* Behringer DSP 1000 "Virtualizer" - fx module
* Behringer EX 2200 "Dualfex Pro" - sound enhancer/exciter
* 2 JB Systems turntables

I almost forgot my monitors: 2 Yamaha MSP-10

computer:
Pentium4 - 2,0 Ghz
1024 MB RAM
40 Giga HD - 7200rpm

software:

* Steinberg Cubase VST/32 5.1 - sequenser
* Steinberg Wavelab 4.01
* Propellerheads Rebirth 2.01
* hundreds of VST/DX fx plug-ins (a.o. Steinberg Mastering Edition, iZotope Ozone, Hyperprism DX pack, Sonic Timeworks pack)
* Native Instruments Pro-52
* Native Instruments FM-7
* Native Instruments Kontakt
* G-Media Oddity
* Rgc Audio Triangle II

highly wanted list:

* Elka Synthex
* Roland Jupiter-8
* ARP 2600
* ARP Odyssey
* MOOG Modular 55 system
* Access Virus

Peace :cheers:

Last edited:
heres what i have in my studio. its all hardware folks and has been collected over a few years.

alesis hr16 drum machine
alesis hr16b drum machine
novation drumstation
roland tr 606 DM
roland tr 808 DM with midi
roland tr 909 DM

emu sampler with scsi hard drive and cd rom

roland tb303
FAT 383 rackmount analog 303 clone
roland sh101
roland juno60 with midi
yamaha dx7
yamaha tone generator
clavia nord lead

yamaha hardware sequencer
behringer analog mixing desk
fostex analog 16 channel line mixer (working as a drum sub mix)

MAM rs3 analog filter bank
waldorf miniworks 4 pole analog filter
boss se50 effects unit
behringer effects unit (virtualizer pro)
behringer mono parametric eqs
2 alesis 3630 compressors
tubetech stereo/dual valve compressor
alesis meq 31 band 1/3 octave dual/stereo eq
roland re201 space echo
various pedals

samson servo260 amp
peavey 652S studio monitors
lg dual hardware studio cd writer
minidisc player
fostex mutlitrack recorder
also have acid,recycle etc etc on a pc for if i need it.

2 technics 1210s
vestax mixer.
sennheiser hd25 headphones.
think thats about it. its all run together with midi. my sequencers slaved to the 909.

Well let me see, I have the Studer multitracks an SSL 9000 j series mega console, pro tools (of course) lots of mics, just about every synth and lots of Hi end outboard ....

Yeah right . :D

damn a ssl9000j i want one of those so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i should have 1 by the time i'm 21 (17now) but i want 1 of those so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i do, well of parts of it for the old insurance company. want me to try and scan em in?

Its great and all reading what you people have but do any of you have pics of your setups ?

Back