What equipment so PROs use?

R

Rick J

I always asked myself what equipment do reall pros use for House/Trance/Techno...
like Bob Sinclar, Faithless, Daft Punk, Modjo etc...

Can U Tell Me??

Rick

actually just saw a thing on the tv about faithless and sister bliss uses a cs6x (yamaha) and has for ages

HANS ZIMMER (film composer for tons of movie such as Gladiator, AI, etc..) uses a lot of modular synthesizers, but lately when he won an Oscar (for the music of gladiator) he was shown in his studio, and.... CREAMWARE SCOPE SP was in the background on a big screen (expensive version of Pulsar II basically)

Many old-fashioned PROs use Protools on Mac.

But if I had the ca$h to set up a pro studio I'd go for 1-2 Scope/SP cards with the Z-link interface, on PC.

And, I've seen a lot of live shows where Sister Bliss played the JP-8000 too. That was long time before CS6X was even out yet. JP-8000 is old technology now anyway, and it never really was that special.

Toni L.
www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

I second what you said about the JP8000. even when it was just released KEYBOARD magazine found the filters toy-ish with HUGE noticable "Steps", and an overall weakness in the grain.

I LOVE MY VIRUS B. I'll never repeat this enough I think. I recommend it to anyone. The Novation Supernova II PRO-X is also an amazing tool.

most pros use hardware, lots of it....and a good sampler.

u guys should also look into aural exciters. they make a world of a difference.. wait for a review of the APHEX 104 soon.

all you guys are forgetting one huge thing what all the bigtime producers use what seperates them from the rest :
1 ofcourse the talent ,but al lot of smal producers have equal or more talent ,just not the means/equipment.
2the most important thing of ALL !!!
FX PROCCESSING EQUIPMENT !!!
like tc electronics, lexicon.

you don't need to buy a karma + virus + nl2
you only need 1 good synth + sampler
and 1 or 2 GOOD fx-machines!!!
faithless may have 10 synths ,but they only use 1 or 2
same for tiesto, system f , and any big name in the business !!!

Faithless, Tiesto, System f, etc. don't use the same one or two synths on every track, even if they might use only 1-2 at a time.

And yes, you won't do much with a Nord Lead for example, without effects, because NL doesn't come with any. Some modules like Supernova 2 on the other hand, have adequate effects built in so you won't necessarily need external fx, except maybe compression (ok reverb in those boxes isn't too good quality but it works).

Also a good sound card like one of the Creamware family can provide all the effects you need (with a break-out box it's like a digital mixer with effects and soft synths+sampler).

And, at the bottom line, talent is all that matters. I've heard commercial quality tracks made on nothing else but FruityLoops ! (check www.mp3.com/tab8000 for example - it's just Fruity with some VST soft synths you hear!)

Toni L.
www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

FATBOY SLIM ROCKS... Look at his equipment!!! :D

Akai S950
Akai S1000
Akai S3000XL
Bontempi 104 organ
Casio SK-1
Clavia Nord Rack
EMS Vocoder 2000
E-Mu Vintage Keys
Keyphax Phat.Boy