What Do You Think It Is?

MoeGreen

When i record my vocals i kind of have a airy sound (there is no real bottom to the vocals) and it almost has a computer sound like a autotune or sumthin was mildly put on it. I dont have any studio foam or anything like that. The mic i am using is Shure KSM27 Studio Condenser Microphone and i have protools through the M-Audio FireWire 410 Computer Recording Interface. I have some verry basic cording going from the mic to the interface. What do you think i would need to improve my sound

sounds like it could be bad cables. have you tried swapping cables? also, if the levels ok, does the 410 provide phantom power?
LevLove

When i record my vocals i kind of have a airy sound (there is no real bottom to the vocals) and it almost has a computer sound like a autotune or sumthin was mildly put on it.
Vocal lessons???????? loll lol lol lol SORRY I HAD TOO :)

Can you post a sample of your vocal so we can hear it? I doubt it is a cable, but at this point it could be anything. Do you here this computer sound when only recording or when you play it back also?

Glenn

Last edited:
does your microphone have a bass rolloff switch or anything built on to it? if so try playing with those. if you can't get that to work maybe you need to just always put an eq on your voice and boost the low ends.

Back