What do you guys think of Sony computers? Peep the VGC-VA1.

O

Oceanus

If you had to pick one between the Sony VGC-VA1 (£ 1,498.99) or the iMac G5 (£1,519.00), which of the two would you choose, assuming that you could afford either of the two. Which of the two would you if you were using Fruity Loops as thee sequencer in your system?

If using FL, I'd ditch both and build one from parts. I refuse to buy any branded PC anymore. Especially since I know I can get more parts and better parts for cheaper. And I don't have to clean all their trial software off. And I don't have to deal with a salesman trying to sell me things I don't need :-)

Otherwise, I'd go for a PowerMacG5 (or wait for the Intel-based power-desktops). I have one for Protools.

Last edited:
audiotecnicality said:
If using FL, I'd ditch both and build one from parts. I refuse to buy any branded PC anymore. Especially since I know I can get more parts and better parts for cheaper. And I don't have to clean all their trial software off. And I don't have to deal with a salesman trying to sell me things I don't need :-)

Otherwise, I'd go for a PowerMacG5 (or wait for the Intel-based power-desktops). I have one for Protools.

I agree 100%

audiotecnicality said:

werd... building a computer is way cheaper

I think they're pretty and that's about it :) I wouldnt recommend it. All the stuff inside is very generic. I have had 2 vaio's in the past (I didn't love them like I do with what I have now).

Also, I love those closed-minded 1 sentence "get a mac" responses. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Esthetix said:
I think they're pretty and that's about it :) I wouldnt recommend it. All the stuff inside is very generic. I have had 2 vaio's in the past (I didn't love them like I do with what I have now).

Also, I love those closed-minded 1 sentence "get a mac" responses. LOL
LOL, let's see, he asked if you had a choice what would you choose between the two. I'd choose the mac over a viao anyday. Now ask me what I have and that's a different story. Love those people who make comments without first gaining a full understanding of the question that was asked.LOL

Either or...

I still take neither.

Build a PC, Buy a Mac, figure it out.

And, up until recently, you would have had no choice but the PC, since you state about using FLS.

C-Lovely said:
LOL, let's see, he asked if you had a choice what would you choose between the two. I'd choose the mac over a viao anyday. Now ask me what I have and that's a different story. Love those people who make comments without first gaining a full understanding of the question that was asked.LOL

Oh hey.. My apologies. I totally misinterpreted your reply. MY BAD :)

Back