Thread: what do i need to get goin more?!

Thanks

what do i need to get goin more?!

Sign in to disable this ad
    I want to make music a life long carrer. Its something i have always liked and will always be interested in. My question is, i got cubase sx 2.0 a few weeks ago and ive been reading the manual ever since and i plan on purchasing reason soon too. My question is, im looking for a good hardware mixer to use as a controller. Im not to familiar with mixers but im reading up on them when time permits me too. right now my current setup is:

-2.4ghz comp
    -soundcard, i have a SB thats doin what i need it to do until i can get a new one.
    -mpc2000xl (being shipped as we speak)
    -2 turntables & mixer
    -cubase sx 2.0
    -soon to have reason 2.5
    -FL Studio 4 (just got a month or two ago and ive started feeling more and more comfortable with it)
    -midi keyboard
    -and some custom built "monitors" and the amp to power them.

im looking to spend around 600 bucks on a mixer. i can put in more money if need be but i hope i can find one around this price range. I can put in a little more if need be but i gotta consider school my first priority if it does get anymore expensive than 600 bucks (books get expensive). Any suggestions?

thanks ahead of time

Thanks

Thanks
    Hey downsouth269!

Nice setup, it's actually pretty similar to mine...well, bar the turntables, mpc and FL I'm currently using a Behringer mixer: it was cheap and does what I want...I wasn't prepared to buy anything better until I was certain I wanted to continue doing external mixing. I think it was ~US$200, you could probably find a good Mackie at around the $600 point you mentioned.

While the Kaoss Pad mentioned by balma isn't a mixer, it's also something worth considering at a latter point. It makes for a functional effects unit, esp. with a DJ rig, but for the studio it's an awesome midi controller that I can't do without

Although: if you're still using an SB soundcard, I'd make that your next upgrade before anything else. I picked up an M-Audio Delta 410 for ~$180 a few months back and it was my best purchase to date. Well, along with a good pair of monitors...

Good luck with the studio!
    - alex23 -
    "Then I saw her face and I got this weird, deep sickly churning in my stomach; she looked exactly like George W. and I realised 'Phark, it is her'. George W's daughter going nuts to We Want Your Soul, miming the words." [Adam Freeland]

Thanks
    Are you asking for an actual mixer or a mixer control device to work with Cubase SX?

Thread Information