vocal booth material

W

wickedrobfacekilla

i used ply wood of all sizes, dry wall,nails and old carpet and some old bed things with the nipples to try to make a semi-sound proof box,it worked!

then we got a new furnace...its louder,it still has a big difference from in the booth then out.but now i can hear the furnaces frequencies leaking in.should i keep adding material?

and will my booth make my vocals sound dead?its lined inside with those nipples things lol.

thanks
rob

ummm,im in a basment and its about 12 feet away, the booth does a good job of keeping most of the sound out, the old furnace must have been putting out some other frequencie because this one sounds diffrent and it cuts threw the matieral im using,
i might have to take it down and rebuild it further away, its not that i didnt think of that to begin with, its just the most convienent place i could put it because of ducts running along the ceiling

wickedrobfacekilla said:
ummm,im in a basment and its about 12 feet away, the booth does a good job of keeping most of the sound out, the old furnace must have been putting out some other frequencie because this one sounds diffrent and it cuts threw the matieral im using,
i might have to take it down and rebuild it further away, its not that i didnt think of that to begin with, its just the most convienent place i could put it because of ducts running along the ceiling

I live where it's cold as well, and have my $hit in the basement of my office (across da street in momma basement!), and have a similar possible issue. I have heard that some people plan when they are going to track vocals and actually kill the furnace for a half hour or so at a time. Not convenient, but after you check all your options out, it might be the best solution for now.

same deal over hear .. my booth is set up about 12 feet away from my furnace but im building 2 walls around my booth fully insolated with sound proof material .. then im gona leave some space btween the walls .. in the booth gona add some acoustic foam .. everyone i talked to that knows about that stuff said its going to be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back