using acoustic foam

tonylbs

when you are putting acoustic foam in a room for vocal it is a must that you cover every inch or can you spread it around may cover about 80 percent of the room ?

If you start with broadband trapping (which is what you should be doing) you probably won't need any foam.

In any case, the more foam you use, the worse your low end is going to be in comparison. Foam is for "touch ups" - Not covering walls.

Yes - "Bass trap" more correctly references a tuned trap designed to absorb a specific frequency. Although I'm as guilty as anyone else in calling broadband traps (which absorb a - well, a "broad band" of frequencies) "bass traps."

But I'm trying to get over it. :hello:

Ok I will try that first. the main reason I was talkin about the acoustic foam is because the room as one hell of a echo. and I'm planning to sell this house in a couple of years so I didn't wanna go crazy and start ripping out dry wall and putt up this and that. just trying to deaden the room a little bit. but thanx I'm def gonna try that

tony you can build bass traps and if you recrod get the PVB filter by RealAcoustics definitely somethin im gonna pick up once i get the money...

Back