Two Monitors????

moneytraks3480

I'm knew to producing so my equipment is real primative: laptop, Reason 3.0, small speakers, and a key board..... y do producers use more than one tv monitor for their pc????

lol ...... tv monitor

i think have thoughs confused with high-end studio monitors

most studios use monitors called nearfields to attempt to get a clean mix without any coloration from the size and shape of the room ....

next time you're on google or bizrate ...... look "Studio Monitors"

your usually 2 monitors and one sub .......

Binocular said:
lol ...... tv monitor

i think have thoughs confused with high-end studio monitors

most studios use monitors called nearfields to attempt to get a clean mix without any coloration from the size and shape of the room ....

next time you're on google or bizrate ...... look "Studio Monitors"

your usually 2 monitors and one sub .......

I think he's talking about monitors for visual purposes. I don't think he's talking about audio monitors. If you're talking about visual monitors then its cause they want the extra space to work with

With two monitors you can multi task easier, you can have two different things displayed on two screens at the same time, so you don't have to keep minimizing.

Or, depending on your graphics card, you can turn your screen resolution really high, use scrolling features, and/or get 1 huge 21+ inch monitor. If you go with a CRT you can find them on eBay for under $100 easily.

moneytraks3480 said:
naw im talkin bout the tv screens, not the speakers, my bad.....

No man you right, they ani't tv monitors tho, they cpu monitors.
I think people use more than one , 2 sequencen, and mix on another.

moneytraks3480 said:
naw im talkin bout the tv screens, not the speakers, my bad.....
They're technically called Displays. Other slang: dual-head, dual-monitor, etc, etc.
People usually use multiple displays so they can see more at once - for example, Reason and PT at the same time, or both the Mix and Timeline views in PT.

i have upgraded to 2 monitors.. def a plus using reason and cubase w reason you can seperate the sequencer from the rack have the seq on anthr screen and rack on anthr and see every thing going on ......... with cubase you can pull up the seq on one screen .. and all of the plug ins and mixer on the sep screen and also see every thing going on ............ i want to up grade to at least 3 or 4 monitors... but i have maxed out my pc dont have any more expansion slots..... so that is going to have to wait until i upgrade my pc

Back