TT patchbays

D

djnuke

Im getting a mackie 32 8 bus and wanted to get the hassles of the patchbays out of the way. I have 1/4 now but was thinking of wiring up the 32 8 bus to TT patchbays instead for ease of future expansion possibilities. I would like to just wire my synths, sampler, fx, eqs etc and other computer audio to the TT patchbay and have the wiring laid out.
My question is, do you all think that TT (tiny telephone, like in pro studios) pathcbays are worth the time soldering and wiring everything together, compared to getting a couple 48 point 1/4 patchbays. Im thinking about sound quality also and ease of use after the patchbay is done.

any thoughts?? thanks

Rob
aka Nuke

I haven't had much need for a patchbay until recently, but I am going to make my own. I would rather be able to have my balanced and unbalanced on the same strip EXACTLY where I want them for my own custom configurations and only take up one or two rack spaces. Plus then i won't have a bunch of extra inserts points that will never get used :)

Last edited:
does anybody know about punched patchbays, compared to soldered patchbays (TT)? Is there a no solder tt patchbay?

Thanks

Rob
aka nuke

just use a 1/4" TRS patchbay, that way its easy to quickly plug in something that you bring in for a day or two.

Back