Trying To Start A Record Lable Need Help

J

JBT4444

IM TRYING TO START A RECORD LABLE FROM THE BOTTOM AND BUILD A HOME RECORDING STUDIO AND I NEED INFO ON HOW TO GET STARTED ARE SOMETHING PLEASE HELP YOU CAN CONTACT ME
JAMES
PO BOX 2698
KINGSVILLE,TEXAS
OR
JBT4444@HOTMAIL.COM

start by getting a studio first and be able to record (not only u but other people),and have it sound like a major label or decent anyway .
then get some peeps together and make some music
then get your music pressed then get some form of distrabution.
u need to read some books or u need to be an intern somewhere first .....
asking this is like asking how to own a buisness and to run it..??????????
if u dont know the buisness
learn the buis and then u will find out how to do what u want .there are alot of online manuals and things u can read . peace

I'm pretty sure that anyone who's already set up a label will be too busy to respond to your post!!

Use the Internet. Talk to people who run record shops. Find out about record pressing, distribution, promotion etc. Try and talk to someone who already has a label.

What is your inspiration to do this? Are you a DJ, and you know exactly what kind of stuff you want to release? Are you and/or some of your mates into producing, with some hot tunes under your belt?

You'll certainly need to have saved up a few grand, and made a few contacts in the industry.

Starting A Label Is Hard Work

I Started My Own Label, HOTBOX! Records. & Let Me Tell You IT was The Hardest job EVER! I Eventually Sold All Artist Contracts Off To Other Labels. If Your Very Determined To Make This Label Work, DONT DO IT ALONE!!! Get A Buddy Or Someone To Help You Out~~!!! :cheers:
Another Thing Is Dont Try To Distribute The Records By Yourself. IF your Label has Many Bands/Dj'z/Groups, Try Getting A Contract With a Distribution Company (Good One's Are TRITON, Capitol Records & Interscope Records), If your A Small Group With 3-5 People On Contract, There Are Many Online Distribution Methods (TRAXINSPACE.com Is Very Good)
A Big Thing To Do is to SIGN YOUR ARTIST!!!
If you Dont, Then They Can Leave When They Want & Whatever You Have Done to Help Them, Won't Be Worth Nothing To You!!
For More info On Making A Label, Email Me:

webmaster@djdiceonice.com:monkey:

Back