Truely Lost!!!!!

85ill

Alright, y'all!!! I'm tryin' to setup a small time home studio cause I'm just dead tired of goin' from studios to studios and wasting money $$$....no, I dont need your money...lol..just kiddin' BUT FOR REAL, I dont know what equipements to BUY apart from the microphones, mixers and keyboard and big speekers, drum machines....I still wonder...and yeah, before I forget, is Fruity Loops 4.5 good enough to make an album???! How about Cubase SX????? Holla at ya boy!!! :confused:

max_ill@hotmail.com

Peace

First of all Welcome to FP

What's your buget? are you planning to build a DAW? if so what computer do you have? What type of music do you make?

answer these questions and the people here can help you better.

I should save a text file with my standard resopnse to these posts. My fingers don't feel like doing the work this time.

Listen to Sonik. Read, learn, read more, learn more. Then ask. It's for your own good . Trust me.

Welcome to FP...

~T

PS -
big speekers
????? Read lots!

Last edited:
so... with your 25 posts, youve grown tired of telling people to 'search for it'? great.... dont strain yourself now...

i cant imagine how fatiguing it would be to actually give some information, or at even an opinion or two.....

my advice, IF your lookin for a pc based setup, is get a really sweet pc, get fruityloops, fukk wif it, then get cubase, fukk wif dat. and collect vsts! by then you should have a pretty good idea of what you want and need. and you wont have already spent 10Gs on stuff you dont know a lot about.

peace.

Teuchos & highkoo;
I believe that neither of you mean any harm, but I understand Teuchos' point. Somedays you just don't feel it. Different strokes for different folks.

85ill;
The tougher question will probably be are you ready to move from doing what you are doing now, to doing what you think you wanna do? If you go into the studio well-prepared, you can get it done and be out in a budget style that you can afford. A lot of folks I know don't come into the stuio ready to go. Time is moneyt, but not to a lot of folks.

With all of that said, Fruityloops is fine and please do read thru www.tweakheadz.com. It will be very helpful.

Peace.

so... with your 25 posts, youve grown tired of telling people to 'search for it'? great.... dont strain yourself now...
Okay okay Highkoo. Perhaps having lazy fingers is not what one might call the moral high road. And given the preaching I've done around here it does make me a bit of a hypocrite to take the easy way out like that. I'm honestly ashamed of my actions (or the lack thereof) and apologize to all who might have been effected. So let's be buds now and not take cheap shots at eachother. It doesn't matter who's been here longer, or who has more posts, or even who knows more.

i cant imagine how fatiguing it would be to actually give some information, or at even an opinion or two.....

As far as opinions go it apears that you and I differ dramatically when it comes to what might be most helpfull for people who are just starting out. As I've pointed out before I believe that giving someone an opinion or a suggestion when they obviously lack the knowledge to understand how you arrived at such conclusions is the opposite of helping. This person is looking for answers. And whatever you give them is certain to be taken as more of a solution than a suggestion because that's what they want it to be. It's basic human nature. In light of that it is irresponsible (if you're really interested in helping out, that is) to mislead someone into thinking that they need anything other than better questions (which are easy to find, as it happens).

So... My opinion is that opinions are cheap. You're better off getting your own than taking someone elses.

Regards...

~T

Last edited:
hey no big deal man. its not like i dont understand where youre comin from. sh1t, if i hafta tell one more person how to time stretch with SF....
but when i think its too stupid, and im too busy/tired for it, i tend to just not say anything. or maybe i will call them lazy, and then give em some info. i mean at least you werent rude, which is more than can be said for a lot of the people who go after the noobs.

and as for opinions, i think they can be very very valuable to a nooby. in fact they can be more valuable than the facts. noobs tend to not know what they want or need, and they tend not to understand the 'technical' explanations when they try to figure it out. so what they often need is a 'real world' idea of what things can really do, and what they can really be used for. i mean look at the original post---what does he really want to know? i dunno. i dont know if he really does. we know his problem, and that he wants to do something about it. he only really asked about FL. if he asks any more speciic questions, i will give him more factual answers, if im able. thats how i roll. ha. i know myslef, id often rather have get answers from someone who is doin and usin the stuff, than from the corporate website. its easier to apply to my own work.

peace.

I got Fruity Loop 4.5 and Fruity Loops 3 and yeah, the pc is Dell Dimension 2200 but I'm gettin a new pc, soon....

Alright Trent, thanx for welcomin me to the game...well..budget, I dont look much into budget, I just blow dough $$$...whats a DAW??? I make Hip Hop, Pop, R&B!

cool dood. just get a bunch of RAM for the pc, and maybe a decent soundcard, and youll have enough to get started at right there.

peace.

Sonik TS said:
i only have one answer for people who ask these questions, and beleave me, as long as your not lazy and read, you'll get 99% of what you need to know from here:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

I couldn't of said that any better! :D

(They should sticky a tweakheadz thread in the newbie section here).

Last edited:
Back