triton and motif sounds

A

AGHouston

i have a triton le with the sampler add on, but the sounds are lame. i want to get a motif, but i'm wondering if it would be better to sell the triton and get the motif, get a sound module, or maybe there is another option that i have yet to explore. any help will be good thanx in advance.

How about getting some good samples and putting the sampler to use? You really can't be limited in the sound department if you have a sampler. I know many people don't like the Triton LE but it is still a capable keyboard.

If I was you I 'd get the motif rack to
go with your triton le. I have the Motif Es and the Trinity rack plus a proteus2000 with 3 chips in it and the 2000xl and sounds are never a problem .

I have a Motif Rack, and people continually tell me that the Triton's are a better breed.

I would say that both would be rather similar, apart from the obvious differences

Well.....I like the Motif rack, and I havent had enough experience with the Triton to really comment on it, but I have a feeling that it's sound quality is a little better.....alot of the time the yamaha has a certain sound to it, some call it 'thin'....

I only bought the Motif cos it was the cheaper option.......

But the Motif still sounds better than the software equivelants IMO

I have a Triton Le with the sampling option, and I love it.
My boy Jmills has the Motif, and he loves it.

Both the Triton and Motif are great sounding boards. I would not suggest you sell the Le, cuz you will get the Motif and still want to use some of the sounds of the Le.

If you can, get the Motif or the Motif Rack in addition to the Le.

Or if possible sample all the sounds u want from the motif.

I have sampled sounds from his Motif and he has done the same from my Triton.

Check out my soundclick page 4 Triton beats. www.soundclick.com/biggunther

Deuces.......Dub Deuces.

jasedee said:

I think my exact words were "Yamaha has a certain sound,some call it thin".

bad choice of words for your description, i would have understood if you said "thick" or "rich"

but not thin, come on man

Last edited by a moderator:
Again....note the part where I said "SOME call it thin.." I own the Motif, and would not still have it if I didnt like it, or if I thought its sounds were thin.

And I was infact talking about Yamaha in general, and not specifically the Motif. I have used the O2R and didnt like it at all, and found the sound to be, as some say, a little thin. But, this is just personal preference, and some people may have a completely different opinion, which is cool!

Anyway, each to his own...... :)

Cheers,

Jase

baggysound said:
i'm still awaiting the motif es rack :)

Preach brother!
biggrinflip.gif

I've been holding out for the ES Rack. Maybe at the next NAMM? If not I'll pick up a Mo-7. You can't beat the prices I've seen them going for lately.

lsvader.gif

Not trying to be enemies, but whether or not the Yamaha sounds are "thin", To Me, they sound very authentic.

If you got good parametric EQ's on all your mixer inputs, you can make any sound "thick"!

Just my thoughts!

I think alot of it comes down to personal taste and perception. For example, my lecturer absolutely hates the sound of Genelc monitors.....and there arent alot of people around that would argue that Genelec's monitors are anything but quality...

I think this highlights the fact that sound comes down to personal opinion and tastes......

Anyways....what fun would it be if everyone had the same ideas and tastes about audio & audio equipment???? Not very!

Cheers,

Jase :)

Back