tracks, how many???

im using radar and protools hd....i never really use more than 24 tracks.

ZANY said:
Yo thanks alot for the replies, helped alot. I now know the estimate of how many tracke I'll need but I'm still trying to figure out what I want to use to record. I dont want to use computer for one reason I just dont want to lol, and the I dont have one thats good enough for recording at least i dont think I do, so the options I know of in hardware are hard disk recorders, which I hear are no starting part for a begginer like me. And then theres a stand alone multitrack recorder which I'm considering, so any comments on other ways that are good?(and for a begginer, but I dont want no cheap $h!t that I'll have to buy something else later as in too soon, I want something I can stick with ya know)

I would recommend that you purchase whatever multi-tracker catches your attention the most and go with that.

If you're spending that much money a video manual would be well worth it also. While these don't usually go in depth, they'll give you a pretty good overview of what your hardware can do. The paper manual would take care of the rest.

Visit the Korg, Yamaha, and Roland site. Look at their offerings, compare them, and go from there.

I use a 24trk hard disk recorder...Usually, for r&b I run the track virtual and record the chorus in 3 or 4 part harmonies taking up between 12 and 16 tracks. Mix the chorus vox down to 2 and fly the chorus in; record lead vox and ad libs, and THEN print the track. And it's all non-destructive. I retain all the original vox before mix-down. All digi is great.

It's very easy to use up 48 tracks...sometimes I think if you're using more than 48 tracks, ya might have too many elements and something's got to go lol....

But it's not how many tracks you use...just focus on creating good material.

Peace.

thanxx d real good look, so what kind of hard disk recorder do you use????

how do you like it??? and is it user friendly to you or did you have a hard time getting to know it ?

Right now I'm using the Yamaha AW4416...24 tracks, assignable compression, limiter/ gating on each channel...2 on board effects processors...40 inputs on mixdown, etc etc. It's basically an 02r with a hard disk attached. Same routing flexibility, same pristine sound.

The learning curve was not that steep for me...although I dont really like to navigate layered pages, it is what it is. I think it's one of those pieces of gear that, if you know recording, then you can hook it up and get to work right out of the box. (Passes the "idiot" test lol)

Peace

Back